Mark Webber to retire from F1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
As per title Mark Webber will leave Red Bull and Formula 1 at the end of the season, switching to Porsche's new World Endurance Championship project. perhaps never got over being screwed over by Vettel or simply feeling his age. One of the good guys in my book. Be interesting to see how well he does in the Silverstone GP coming up- usually does well? Kimi Raikkonen rumoured to replace him next season - which would be interesting ! Mark Webber will leave Red Bull and Formula 1 at the end of the season | Sky Sports

At last bl*ody whining kangaroo sh*gger I'm sure he won't be missed at all and one less headache for Mr Horner.

What a bargain Porsche have got there :D :bannana:

I hope he speaks his mind to SB before he departs. If it were me, I'd drive him off the track 'accidently'

I hope he speaks his mind to SB before he departs. If it were me, I'd drive him off the track 'accidently'
No 2 driver paid a fortune, not in the same league as Vettel as results, polls, fastest laps testify.

No 2 driver paid a fortune, not in the same league as Vettel as results, polls, fastest laps testify.

Maybe thats good as he's not a tw*t like him either :cool:

stevieb15 said:

Well vettel is the spoiled snotty noise kid in red bull with the golden rattle he like to trow around when Un happy

If webber had the same level of support with the car and team he would wipe the floor with vettel

Who remembers the over take webber did on Alonso in spa that took skill and balls

Well vettel is the spoiled snotty noise kid in red bull with the golden rattle he like to trow around when Un happy

If webber had the same level of support with the car and team he would wipe the floor with vettel

Who remembers the over take webber did on Alonso in spa that took skill and balls

They're all, Prima Donna, it's the nature of their profession, although I think it's not difficult to identify who is the "golden rattle" thrower.
Webber is obviously a fabulous driver and could be No 1 in many teams but not a top one, I suspect he's well aware of that.
Good luck to him in his new pursuit but only the very best succeed in F1

MW had his chance while SV was still developing in 2010. He didn't manage to make the most of it. Life is cruel. I for one would have been very pleased for him if he got the WC in 2010.

As for Vettel. He demonstrated better management of the car early on and didn't stand still - he improved (at least IMO) significantly between 2009 and 2012 to become the real deal.

Not many drivers in F1 ever become winners. For a while it looked like Webber would have a career that would never properly develop. At Red Bull he got a car that could win and managed it 9 times. In F1 terms that is a very good stat.

Mark Webber is an amazingly talented driver. Unfortunately he joined team vettel who was red bulls baby and would always be their number one leaving number two with much less support in every way. It's Ferrari and Schumacher all over again in different clothes.

Just watching FP1 (nothing on the track!) and listened to the Torro Rosso drivers who are really hoping for a Red Bull Infinity drive nect year. Do they have a realistic chance?

Kimi has said he has had a 'little' talk with RBR. I would've been surprised if it was any more than that as he is not a man of many words anyway :)

I think if Kimi was at RBR he would not take the BS that MW has taken, conditional upon joining in my opinion, and he would then give golden boy a real run for his money. I think Kimi is well talented and would be another Champion in no time...
Interesting topic anyway, will watch with huge interest.

Keith

Mr tibbs, I agree completely :thumb:

I also agree Kimi is a talented driver but it's a shame he's a c*ck I'd be amazed if Horner entertained him.

I also agree Kimi is a talented driver but it's a shame he's a c*ck I'd be amazed if Horner entertained him.
I don't think CH can afford not to although it would be a team managers nightmare!

RB have the luxury of only needing a driver who comes second to Seb right now. And Seb is still young and getting better.

So why pay the money for an second WC driver. Take the risk on a youngster and think a few years a head or make an interesting offer to somebody who might be cheaper but useful like Di Resta and Hulkenberg.

So why pay the money for an second WC driver. Take the risk on a youngster and think a few years a head or make an interesting offer to somebody who might be cheaper but useful like Di Resta and Hulkenberg.
Points mean prizes I guess!

But you are right, Di Resta deserves a far better ride, although i don't think he is worthy of RBR just yet.

Points mean prizes I guess!

But you are right, Di Resta deserves a far better ride, although i don't think he is worthy of RBR just yet.

I don't rate Di Resta that much, definitely not worthy of the RBR seat yet.

As much as I would like Kimi in the seat, I think it is unfair on the TR guys who stick with the team and go through the 'programme' only to have another driver come in.

Horner did state yesterday that the 3 main drivers they are looking at are the TR guys and Kimi to watch this space!

Whether DiResta gets the seat or not he is a good driver as indicated by his 5th place in Qualiy today, only being beaten by Red Bulls and Mercedes is an excellent effort in my book.

I don't rate Di Resta that much, definitely not worthy of the RBR seat yet.

One of the problems with F1 is that the spread of car performance masks driver performance.

Vettel got a lucky break. Right place right time right car right Newey.

There are other drivers whose career might have taken a different path depending on the car.

Ironically Schumacher's return was that in a microcosm. Came back after the Brawn/Merc had won the championship but the that car had been in relative decline compared with the other top teams since its launch.

Had MS been in today's Mercedes then the outcome might have been rather different. Chances are he'd have had at least one win and a few podiums.

I agree Schumacher has had the rug pulled out on him twice now, Ferrari and Mercedes, just before the car got good.

Webber has nothing on Vettel, Webber is pretty erratic, if he falls out of position and takes too many chances to try and regain ground.

I like Kimi he's his own man, I don't know if he would be the right choice for RBR tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom