Mark300SL. All members please read.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We'll let you know the total and when we are closing the collection after today. Some of the funds raised have been put towards a wreath on behalf of the forum, the rest will go to a charity which has been nominated by the family. We have raised sufficuent not to go empty handed today, so thank you everyone who donated.

Well I have to say.... Mark got a great send off. there must have been 200 or so people there, a big group from the CRX forum and us 5 from here + Dieselman and Dorian amongst family and friends... It was a very special day for a very special fella... RIP MARK....

Last edited:
A great tribute to a great man. I don't think I've ever been to a funeral before, where so many people attended, that you could hardly close the door.
RIP Mark mate.

I can't really add to BaldGuy or Grav's comments, other than agree it was a good tribute, very touching and memorable. I was always conscious it was a time for the family, but they did openly welcome Mark's friends from his various motoring passions and pursuits.

As we talked about on the day, a wake up call for some of us who should not have left it so long to meet up or stay in more regular touch. Whilst I very much wish under different circumstances I also had the pleasure of briefly meeting Glojo, who I hope he and his wife returned home safely after a very long drive (more than I would have attempted in a round trip).

I haven't any figures for you, but below you can see what the collection went towards. I would approximate we have at least the same again so far to give to charity than was spent on the wreaths. Yes there are two but it was a case of minimising the risk of not having one at all as we only had from Monday to organise.

Thank you again for your contributions.

4330752652_bde07d1c24_b.jpg

4330750852_5bdd401299_b.jpg

4330013175_7b0714df12_b.jpg

Just to let everyone know that Marks ashes are to be scattered at Santa Pod on the 5th of May.

All welcome.

Almost one year has passed.

Almost one year has passed.

Strange that in a moment of idle thought today i was thinking that Mark must have passed away almost a year ago. I then got thinking/hoping that we do not lose any member this year.

A year has passed.

While those close to him will never forget him, I hope that remembering him is becoming less painful.

RIP Mark

I am continually surprised at the level of community sprit within this forum, and to see the respect that has been given to Mark at the sad time last year, and again on the anniversary, is truly remarkable and it’s nice to see such a thing.

Long may it continue:thumb:

RiP Mark i did not have the pleasure of meeting mark but having read all of the tributes i feel very close to mark god bless

Only 10 years older than me. Makes you realise, we're here for a good time and not a long one! RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Well remembered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom