marshall amp man dies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Jim Marshall the man who founded the company who made the legendary "Marshal Amps" beloved of Rock Guitarists the world over has died. He is arguably as famous as luminaries such as Leo Fender and Les Paul. RIP.
[YOUTUBE]IJGP8XINMPs[/YOUTUBE]

Met him a couple of years ago at a guitar show in Birmingham. He was on the Marshall stand signing books and posters alongside Bert Weedon.

Visited the Marshall factory in Milton Keynes last year to get my amp fixed. Had a guided tour and saw him arrive in his Bentley (Reg No. JCM 800) as we left.

Sorry car guys but to us guitar guys, he was a very special person. RIP Jim.

Please forgive this little tribute.

A sad day indeed. I met him a few times in the 80's when they did product showcase evenings, using a touring band to demonstrate their new gear (Geoff Whitehorn on guitar at the time). I couldn't believe the company founder and MD who was well past retirement age even then, would still go to these types of events and actually listen to what people had to say about his products and spend time answering questions from grotty little oiks like me.

Like a lot guitarists I've been a total gear whore and owned and sold just about every brand of amp/cab/rack pre amp in the known universe, and nothing ever sounded quite like a late 60s marshall plexi at full tilt.

to_11.jpg

RIP, Jim. A man who created a Legend.

the king of loud!

R I P Jim, you´ll never be forgotten, my ears still ring after turning all knobs full open !!!!!!! Thank-you!:)
Imagine a world without marshall???

Met Jim loads as I did some demo work for Marshall many years back. Really nice guy, appreciated what people did with his kit.

I no longer use my stack in anger, but felt the need to fire it up for a few mins when I heard the news - treated the neighbourhood to the into of "Thunderstruck" a couple of times (at the request of Master E). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom