MAS from German & Swedish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wezzel

Car
C220 cdi Sport Estate
Well after reading all about the trouble people have with their Mass Air Flow Sensors it looks like mine is finally about to give up the ghost.

About once a day the car goes into limp home mode and will not rev above 3000rpm. The gears work fine though and turning the engine off and on again generally restores the car to normal. It is going into my local indi next week for a diagnosis but it has done 157k miles on the original so I am fearing the worst.

My question is this - on the German & Swedish website they list an "Air Mass Sensor Probe" for only £42.50. Is this the bit I need? It sounds a bit cheap judging by the amount of money others have been paying for the same part.

If it is the same as the MAS on the E220 CDi then probably not, since it is a small removable unit and does not include the housing, even £42 seems expensive for what it is. Have you tried cleaning it first, as it is so easy to remove I give mine a good spray using an electronic components cleaner (iso-propyl alcohol) on a regular basis in the hope of prolonging its life (do not use WD40 or Carb cleaner) The spray is about £3 in Halfords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom