Maserati Quattroporte - Am I Mad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
apart from that it is as lovely as the day it was delivered.
Good to hear, it seems as though everyone who's got a negative opinion of them has just believed what they've heard from the 70's and 80's etc. The overwhelming feeling I get is that they really aren't as bad as they're made out to be.

Its not a car for hooliganism...
Good to hear because those days are behind me now; I'm more of a poser...

That's that Duo Select issue which I read about when I was researching a while ago. I decided to chicken out and go for the full auto, which was obviously newer therefore more expensive, but would have given me peace of mind.

Just re-read this, do you mean you bought a QP?

IMAG2817.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

Prettiest 4 door car out there bar none imho! Life's too short not to if you are in umming and erring.

And that's my point really Dave; if the clutch is taken care of it'll last 10's of thousands of miles while if the owner sits there at traffic lights in gear, it's going to last only a fraction of what it should.

To be honest, before I looked into it, I was told how unreliable the clutch was etc when that's not quite the case.

It's not the clutch that's the real issue it's the position sensor you have to keep getting them realigned some only last as long as 2500 miles

Good news if you do get one I still have all the kit to fit and calibrate the clutch and position sensor.

Good news if you do get one I still have all the kit to fit and calibrate the clutch and position sensor.

Good man; don't let that kit out of your sight because I'll definitely be buying one if it kills me!

I very nearly bought one before I bought my current BMW.

I passed on it last min, I need a daily run about that I can get in and go and don't have the time to go around fixing this and that.

Go for it otherwise.

If you haven't been put off by anything you've read, then clearly "the force is strong" and you should just get one as you plan...

I'd love a Granturismo as that is right up my street but maybe in a few years.

£50k gets you a 10 plate now.

I'm not keen on the styling of the new Quattroporte. The front looks fine, but the back is very anonymous. It also appears to be about a yard longer than the previous one (although I appreciate that that's to make room for the Ghibli).

She's not bothered what I buy as long as she's got a good motor for her and the kids.

Hi Lee,

Still not got one yet?

I have stumbled into this Forum researching CLS55's after our chat on the phone.

:doh:

I really shouldn't but I can't help myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom