Maserati Quattroporte - Am I Mad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Since starting a family some years ago etc I've always erred on the side of some sort of practically with regards vehicles but I just can't shake this love I have for Quattroportes, and in the flesh they're even more stunning.

I'm on the verge of buying one but I'm getting the jitters; these things don't normally bother me but I think the fear of the complete unknown is creeping in and it could end up stopping me from doing it.

In anticipation, I've joined a very good Maserati forum, it's very welcoming and knowledgeable but (and I would do the same in their shoes) they're all putting me at ease about buying one making it harder to see this with a clear mind!

So...should I do it? Can you convince me otherwise? Or am I just destined to just tick off one of these mighty machines from my "bucket list"?

A great dream car. If you can do it without selling home, family and putting future at risk. Go for it pal.

Life's too short.

Keep us posted.

Ant.

So...should I do it? Can you convince me otherwise? Or am I just destined to just tick off one of these mighty machines from my "bucket list"?

Beautiful and totally different to anything else available.

I can't recall where exactly, but either Evo or Autocar, probably the former, carried an article of QP parts prices. Eyewatering to say the least and made other Italian exotica seem cheap in comparison. In saying that if you can get a drivetrain and electrics warranty, then why not?

Fantastic car...however like you i know not much about them other than they sound and look fab...

To be sure well worth seeking out a local recommended Mas indy from there forum and get any potential car inspected before handing over your hard earned, at least then you have piece of mind...go for it:thumb:

Last edited:
Get a good one from a dealer so you have a comeback and get a warranty. Just do it.

Get a good one from a dealer so you have a comeback and get a warranty.

People say this to me but there's nothing that "unreliable" about them after much research; it's just the wear and tear parts are more than what this cars rivals are. AMG's/M/RS cars are high volume models with big powerful engines stuffed in them so the rest of the car is similar in remedial costs.

Haha I had the very same dilemer back in 87 when I was on the verge of buying a brand new RS500 (my then dream car) I had a huge mortgage, two young children but thankfully a decent job, it was always going to be a very early 'mid-life crisis' but eventually convinced myself I deserved it, I worked hard and long hours for many years and so justified the outlay to myself as the ultimate 'pat on the back' for being a top dad and husband.:D
so ..... why not ? you're only on this planet once ! .... and ...c'mon IT'S A MASERATI :thumb:

if you have driven it for a reasonable period and still yearn for it ...

as Mr Wilde said

the only way to deal with temptation is to yield to it

IMO, Maserati's are pig ugly, pseudo Ferraris with terrible engineering

but, hey, it's your money :)

I was looking for one a while ago, but was put off by the limited dealer network more than anything, also the lack of indies, especially round here (N Manchester).

To be fair, I'd still have one in a heartbeat, but not the one you pictured with the Duo-Select box, as these were not the best. The full auto is apparently the one to go for.

As John said up there ^^^^^ JFDI. :D

I was looking for one a while ago, but was put off by the limited dealer network more than anything, also the lack of indies, especially round here (N Manchester).

To be fair, I'd still have one in a heartbeat, but not the one you pictured with the Duo-Select box, as these were not the best. The full auto is apparently the one to go for.

There's an indie in Sheffield so not too bad.

The DS is actually the more preferred gearbox for involved driving; the 'box is at the back for better weight distribution whereas the newer (and easier to drive) ZF is a traditional up top auto.

You are not marrying it, it it goes bad you just sell it.

It's a financial transaction not an emotional attachment.

Do it!

Go for it Lee. No matter what car you name, there will be those that say nay. How many on here have one/have experience of them?. I would listen to them. Had I taken notice of public opinion, no matter how well meaning, I would never have purchased the CL600, one of the finest cars I have ever had. Its also not that common, that in itself is a plus in my mind. I was advised not to buy the XF NA V8, at last count I think there were 60 registered in the UK. Do I regret it? Nope............not for one minute:D

Your biggest issue might not be running it or even worrying if it's going to empty your wallet but moving it on once you want your next Range Rover.

I admit to having a soft spot for these also, it's the only model from them that does appeal to me in the same way an Audi S8 appeals to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom