Maserati Quattroporte

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Not on Ebay, but...

Used Maserati Quattroporte for sale in East Peckham - CarGurus

Might this be a sensible (ish) buy, or is it more likely to be a money pit? It's been for sale for two months, which suggests the latter... I know there are a few Maserati fans on here; what think you, gentlemen?

Just by seeing Maxxis tyres makes me wander what other cost cuts were made on maintenance.

Not on Ebay, but...

Used Maserati Quattroporte for sale in East Peckham - CarGurus

Might this be a sensible (ish) buy, or is it more likely to be a money pit? It's been for sale for two months, which suggests the latter... I know there are a few Maserati fans on here; what think you, gentlemen?

I like them, not 100% sure on the front end but the rest of the car looks great IMO.
They also sound excellent, I was looking at them on eBay myself a few weeks ago.

I believe Lee owned one. @SPX

Expensive if it goes wrong.

Doesn’t look that great anyway.

HTH

Expensive if it goes wrong.

Doesn’t look that great anyway.

HTH

So are high performance MBs as Dennis can confirm :)

The interior - switch-gear mainly - looks pretty beat up for a car with 86K miles on it.

Is that dried up leaf in the boot a genuine Maserati item of is it a fake off Ebay ?

Cars for Sale | McGrath Maserati
SPECIFICALLY
Quattroporte V Auto | McGrath Maserati
Its got the 6 speed ZF AUTO. When looking at highly strung thoroughbreds it probably pays to look at where they are stabled? ;)

God, that's lovely. If I was after one, I'd probably - no, almost certainly - have that one.

I wasn't asking for myself, though; it's for a friend who knows I've had a few performance cars, and asked my opinion. Personally, I don't need a garage queen; my cars are real cars, living outdoors, and regularly used, all year round.

Besides, I need a car to put dogs and garden rubbish in when necessary, and I like SUVs. He's set me thinking, though; I wonder how high the depreciation on the Levante is... and whether they're reliable long-term...

I wasn't asking for myself, though; it's for a friend who knows I've had a few performance cars, and asked my opinion.
The Duo Select gearbox is a very acquired taste, I’d definitely suggest to your friend to drive one extensively first before buying one.

The later (2007+) 6 speed ZF gearbox suits the car so much more in my opinion.

Bang for buck is off the scale - the noise the engine makes is operatic, the QP generates so many positive reactions from other people I would sometimes get a bit embarrassed but I got used to it!

What’s his budget?

Lovely cars and great VFM as Lee says. Again repeating out of the box they sound epic.

Lots out there.....none are selling unless for buttons. A PPI is compulsory.

The difference between a good one and a bad one can be quite a few k but that will pail into insignificance if the bad one needs lots doing.

Agreed with Lee that the later ZF Auto suits the car better but the DS is decent if you want a more spirited drive. The clutch will be £3k to replace.

Current hot issues on these are front and rear subframes as even 2010 cars are showing massive signs of rot if not been treated. Poor rust protection from new on the subframes.

Buy a good one that has been looked after and has solid treated subframes with lots spent and they are bargains. But a bad one that needs lots doing and you could easily sink £3k, £5k and up to £10k without a sweat.

I've had 5 Masers still have my 4200 and had a 2007/57 QPV Exec GT ZF Auto for 2 years. Bought for £16k and sold for £14.5k 2 years later when I bought my XJL SuperSport. I felt they were ready for a fall and glad I got out when I did.

My old car has just gone up for sale from the guy who bought it from me. Lovely car but will still need a PPI on these.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/143508450063

Lots been for sale for a long time. The longest I've seen for 3 years or more.

Don't be afraid but take your time and tread carefully. I would buy another but probably a later facelift 4.7 GTS.

The Sports Maserati forum is a great resource.

He doesn't have a budget in mind; he just thought it looked ace. So do I, though not as appealing in black; that blue one looks double ace with knobs on...

A saloon is not much use to me; a Bellagio estate would be nice, but they only made a handful, and the last one sold fetched 117K Euros in 2013 at auction. Even if I could find one, that would definitely be way over my budget.

Strangely that McGrath one seems to have disappeared from their website since this morning --SOLD/NLA?:(

Last edited:
The colour scheme on that one was so nice, I wondered whether perhaps a Maserati convertible might possibly replace the SLK, and found this:

Maserati Spyder V8 SPYDER | eBay

A quick look at the MoT history put me off.

Yup, half the reason I bought that QP was the interior. Pretty unique and a lovely place to be.

He doesn't have a budget in mind; he just thought it looked ace. So do I, though not as appealing in black; that blue one looks double ace with knobs on...

A saloon is not much use to me; a Bellagio estate would be nice, but they only made a handful, and the last one sold fetched 117K Euros in 2013 at auction. Even if I could find one, that would definitely be way over my budget.
There was one for sale recently ish but it was a diesel!!
Odd ball estates are great - fancy a 944 or a 456!

The Porsche - possibly; the Ferrari - no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom