Mass Air Flow Sensor problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMG--BOY

Car
C43 AMG Audi RS6 C5 TT 3.2 V6
Does anyone know if there's a fuse for the MAF as have bought 2 brand new ones now and is still coming up with the same fault codes the first one I bought was for £23 off eBay and the one I fitted yesterday was a HAAS one from eurocarparts for about £120 but am still getting codes for MAF or IAT Sensor malfunction and codes for random cylinder misfire??? Please help

Maybe I need a geniune mercedes MAF or Bosch???

Codes im still getting:
P0110
P0100
P0301
P0300
P0304

Well at the risk of sounding boring get to your nearest Merc Indy and let them sort the problem,my S320 having been used as a runabout in London was completely full of soot my indy CCC at Colchester sorted it out and the cost was very reasonable .

Well at the risk of sounding boring get to your nearest Merc Indy and let them sort the problem,my S320 having been used as a runabout in London was completely full of soot my indy CCC at Colchester sorted it out and the cost was very reasonable .

Well thanks for the reply shame there's no easy fix atm but am ganna do a bit mor research on google will be going into my indy in the week

I recon I'm on to something it seems there's a sensor separate from the MAF sensor somewhere inthe engine bay called IAT Sensor and this is one of the faults im getting so just gotta find where it is

Does anyone know if there's a fuse for the MAF as have bought 2 brand new ones now and is still coming up with the same fault codes the first one I bought was for £23 off eBay and the one I fitted yesterday was a HAAS one from eurocarparts for about £120 but am still getting codes for MAF or IAT Sensor malfunction and codes for random cylinder misfire??? Please help

Maybe I need a geniune mercedes MAF or Bosch???

Codes im still getting:
P0110
P0100
P0301
P0300
P0304

Your best bet for MAFs is to buy genuine from MB or Bosch (not sure if Bosch still make them for MB depending on which engine you have) as aftermarket 'cheap' MAFs do not give good results.

Also make sure you clear the codes after installing the new sensor (s) and then recheck.

I'm not a fault code expert but if those fault codes relate to a MAF then this is your best bet.

Alternatively, as mentioned, get it checked by a good indie with STAR.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

Yeh am having problems finding exactly where the IAT sensor is ??

After having had a look at your fault codes again, they seem similar to what appeared on our CLK 320 petrol which had a 'slight' misfire:

- Misfiring on certain cylinders/random cylinders
- MAF sensor voltage issue.

MB suggested to change all HT Leads and then a coil pack test. After getting leads changed, the codes still remained. MB then found out coil pack 4 was faulty. They then only recommended to change coil pack 4 but not MAF sensor. So before we took it into MB again, we changed the MAF ourself for a brand new BOSCH unit and they replaced coil pack 4 and cleared the codes and all was fine.

I'm confident that if we didn't change the MAF ourselves before, we'd have spent more money at MB.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

The MAF has a built in IAT. MAF's carry out two functions, airflow and air temperature.

Ahh ok that's what I thought to start with tbh well think I will leave it to the garage from now will update as soon as I get any mor info

Am having my indy look at it monday so will know mor then hopefully

UPDATE:

My C43 has just come bk from my Indy he's replaced all the coil pack's and she's running like new again happy day's:bannana:

I got my maf sensor replaced then had to have the software updated at a merc independant

According to me, you should replace it with genuine, but you must concern to authorized Garage of Mercedes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom