Massive discount, used car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

We are on the cusp of changing our car to a Discovery 4, and have been to our local main dealer.

After a test drive, in what we thought we wanted, a 63 plate HSE, we decided we were better off buying a 14 plate which has lower emissions and dodges the big road tax bill

I jarmo jokingly said we'd have their newer car for the same price as the older one we'd driven, some £6k different, and it looks like we have a deal!!

Anyone else sense a slow used car trade?

My wife talks to a couple of car sales people when she walks our dog in the morning and they've told her it's really quiet. They sell Toyota and Kia not the same league as Land Rover but still car sales I suppose.

Might this explain the 470,000 cars listed on Autotrader at the moment? Seems like quite a lot...

Had a text last week from a M-B dealer I bought cars from in the past. They were offering £15k off new S Classes.

Had a text last week from a M-B dealer I bought cars from in the past. They were offering £15k off new S Classes.
So that'll be £99,999 please sir. Yes we take Visa. Have a nice day.

The showrooms we visited were very quiet too, I don't feel sorry for the robbing devils though

my company works with Evans Halshaw and they have no problem shifting cars

If they knocked £6k off a used vehicle (and still made a profit) it must have been waaay overpriced

No dealer sells cars anymore, they rent them for peanuts for a few years.

They are obviously not trying hard enough. There are dealers out there offering £25k off stock cars. One dealer offering a £110k spec S500 coupe for £77k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom