Massive fire in London apartment block

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Three men charged with fraud relating to Grenfell Tower fire

What I am still struggling to comprehend (among many other things in relation to the Grenfell Tower tragedy), is how come no one knows for sure who was living there? Do local councils and housing associations not keep records? Or is this part and parcel of their overall cavalier approach towards their responsibilities as social housing Landlors?

Last edited:
Its interesting that such issues should even occupy column inches along with topics such as criticism of the London Fire Brigade's "stay put" policy when the incandescent issue [literally and metaphorically] remains why a high rise building housing so many people in it should go up like a Roman Candle!

Why Grenfell Tower Burned: Regulators Put Cost Before Safety

What I am still struggling to comprehend (among many other things in relation to the Grenfell Tower tragedy), is how come no one knows for sure who was living there? Do local councils and housing associations not keep records? Or is this part and parcel of their overall cavalier approach towards their responsibilities as social housing Landlors?

I think you have answered your own question.

I wonder how many of the flats were sub-let.

Hi,
Many of the apartments were privately owned and could therefore have been let without the council knowing who the tenants were (especially if these tenants did not appear on the electoral roll)
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
Many of the apartments were privately owned and could therefore have been let without the council knowing who the tenants were (especially if these tenants did not appear on the electoral roll)
Cheers
Steve
14 out of 129.

Leaves 115 flats that can be sub-let to all sorts of Herbert’s. Junkies, con artists, ex jailbirds, dealers and illegals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom