Massive thank you for accepting us.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dolly

Car
mercedes w230 C220 cdi Avantgarde auto 2004
Thank you so much for accepting us to your forum. We live in Spain and struggle with the language but to be part of an English forum is perfect. Only yesterday we purchased a C220 CDI Avantgarde auto 2004 with 300,000 kilometers . Being in Spain the body and underside is exceptionally clean, interior immaculate. Only faults i can see is the information in the speedo, very dull and the car does not recognise the spare fob although it is emitting infrared. Very happy with the car,
again thank you for our acceptance,
Kind regards,
Dolly.

Thank you so much for accepting us to your forum. We live in Spain and struggle with the language but to be part of an English forum is perfect. Only yesterday we purchased a C220 CDI Avantgarde auto 2004 with 300,000 kilometers . Being in Spain the body and underside is exceptionally clean, interior immaculate. Only faults i can see is the information in the speedo, very dull and the car does not recognise the spare fob although it is emitting infrared. Very happy with the car,
again thank you for our acceptance,
Kind regards,
Dolly.
Welcome!

Welcome! Your English is perfect. Congratulations on your new car 👍🏻

Welcome!

I assume the cluster brightness control is set to maximum? There is usually (from memory) a small black shaft that sticks out of the instrument cluster on the lower left. It could be the rheostat that has failed.

The dull speedometer may just be the age and exposure to heat as they can fade, my C320 had a display that faded in hot weather.. It may also be worth having the instrument cluster removed and all of the connections checked, especially any ribbon cables.

Key fobs often cause issues, the infrared is only for operating the "Comfort" features, i.e to fully open or fully close all of the electric windows from the key fob. For this to work you need to have the key almost next to the driver door handle, even then it is an unreliable system.

For the key not to be recognised suggests it is either not an original (they cannot be re-coded to the car) or has been damaged in some way or that key has been deleted from the available list of keys for the car.
In the UK new keys are around £250 from a dealer.

Welcome! Your English is perfect. Congratulations on your new car 👍🏻
I was unsure if the OP was English and struggles with Spanish or Spanish and struggles with English?

Hi and welcome 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom