Maths help please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
IMG-20201122-WA0000.jpg

Been 30 years since I've been to school :)

Cheers

The ratio of a triangle that will give a right angle is 3:4:5 there is no indication of angles so assuming it's a right angle at B I would guess BE would be 15cm though the 26cm should be 25cm.

Going back to my trigonmetry
Perpendicular/ Hypotenuse/ Sine
Base/ Hypotenuse/ Cosine
Perpendicular/Base/Tangent

The way I can still recall these are three little dittys from my Maths teacher, thank you G S King I at least learnt something.

Public House Sign
Cost of Bread High
Tan the Poor Boy

Last edited:
I wasn't in class that day.

Ant has worked it out correct I think?

Ta. Exactly how I worked out in my head but little miss didn't like it !

A/The square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
B/To find area of a right angle triangle, half the base multiplied by the perpendicular height.
A = 'Pythagoras Theory'.
On a right angle 3 4 5 is the ratio, if 3 is the base 4 the perpendicular then the hypotenuse must be 5 for it to be a 90° rightangle. Whether it's inches feet centimeters or miles, hope this helps. 👍

@Happytalk73 Thank the Young Debbette for me. It wasn't actually homework but Legal Secretary training for the S.I.Ls Niece, she was very pleased as it was the only question she couldn't answer. Getting one over Kevina the teenage know it all daughter was a result (just kidding she tried her best was just a bit put out there was no angles)

@Happytalk73 Thank the Young Debbette for me. It wasn't actually homework but Legal Secretary training for the S.I.Ls Niece, she was very pleased as it was the only question she couldn't answer. Getting one over Kevina the teenage know it all daughter was a result (just kidding she tried her best was just a bit put out there was no angles)
Great stuff fella. Deb Jnr has been thanked. She says she hopes it’s correct. 🤔

good luck to your SIL’s Neice. 🤞

There's no specification that there is a right angle involved.

The implication is that ABE and ACD are the same angle.

So that means BE is just going to be proportional to CD by the same ratio as AB is to AC.

And you can work out ED the same way - but it's not dependent on the assumption about the angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom