Matt Watson drag races Acid’s C63 Black Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ninjadom

Car
C63
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmm media linking not working…

Acid from MSL Performance leant his C63 Black Series to Matt Watson to drag race against Evolve Automotive’s BMW M3.

1ad5b28ef361dd223d824b47fc1c5450.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't seen the video, but I'd be disappointed if Acid's C63 didn't show the M3 the way home considering its vast modifications.

120k to run 11"s...Ouch !!
120k was what was quoted as the potential value of this car as it’s a C63 Black Series, not what was spent on modifications. 11.1 is quick and in more experienced hands may be a touch quicker. Trying to launch a rear wheel drive high powered AMG is difficult at the best of times, so the car did really well and posted a good set of stats. It’s currently running a quite conservative 750bhp with the additional supercharger, in the past it’s ran 100bhp more.

On paper and with a clear weight advantage, the M3 with upgraded turbos and 700bhp should have been closer, but wasn’t.

120k was what was quoted as the potential value of this car as it’s a C63 Black Series, not what was spent on modifications. 11.1 is quick and in more experienced hands may be a touch quicker. Trying to launch a rear wheel drive high powered AMG is difficult at the best of times, so the car did really well and posted a good set of stats. It’s currently running a quite conservative 750bhp with the additional supercharger, in the past it’s ran 100bhp more.

On paper and with a clear weight advantage, the M3 with upgraded turbos and 700bhp should have been closer, but wasn’t.
And also to be fair it's not been built as a drag car. There are plenty of back street tuned cars that are much quicker and much cheaper. There's a Fiat Couple 20VT running 9's (bone stock they are 14.6) but that's been built for the drag strip, or at least more focussed on the drag strip. I probably wouldn't want to drive that Fiat down to the S of France for a long weekend, whereas the C63 would be the perfect tool. Horses for courses i guess.

There is simply no comparison between your car and the C63 BS in the video.
I just made a statement / as I have stated before some AMG cars in standard or modified tune are not as quick as owners claim.

Must have hit a nerve.

That BS is amazing 👏 Well done MSL

RWD always going to struggle on launches, my mate ran a 11.49 1/4 mile in a stock C63 coupe (v8 biturbo) and on carwow I don’t think i have seen it do a better time of 12.5

it all depends on too many things, driver, weather conditions, tyre brand, tyre temperatures if you do a burnout before your run.

you have to look at the terminal speed of Acids C63 to realise how powerful the car really is

I think boyband is missing the point 2 sec is along time on a drag strip😀 my jag is quick but no comparison to the c63 drive 1 and let us know 😅
Agreed. Lots of people just don't appreciate just how much power you need to add, to reduce your 1/4 mile (or 0-60) time even by a fraction of a second - even from my basic 'YouTube research' its a LOT :D

Agreed. Lots of people just don't appreciate just how much power you need to add, to reduce your 1/4 mile (or 0-60) time even by a fraction of a second - even from my basic 'YouTube research' its a LOT :D
I used to chat to "Grumpy" Dave quite a lot as he was on the same estate where i used to work. Also went to see him a few times at Santa Pod. Fascinating to watch them break down the engines at super speed between each run - especially when they were using nitro which can detonate if you're a bit ham fisted with the spanners. To run in the 5's from memory he was at about 5000hp when he was using methanol. He said if he lined up 14 buckets full of methanol he could burn them quicker than we could kick them over! Weight also plays a part though - one of those methanol dragsters is probably half the weight of Acids C63 so you can see how much more power/weight you need to drop from 11's to 5's!

I'm not really into drag racing per se but to see the top fuel dragsters run is something else

Grumpy Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom