Matt Watson drag races Acid’s C63 Black Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice car the BS but maybe not with the "flip" paint job but if it is a advert for the business then i guess it does stand out , just a bit.

The M3 certainly didn`t disgrace itself at half the price and displacement , what i found astonishing was 950nm from a 3.0 L engine which just shows that the old adage of there being "no replacement for displacement" may not be applicable anymore.

K

I used to chat to "Grumpy" Dave quite a lot as he was on the same estate where i used to work. Also went to see him a few times at Santa Pod. Fascinating to watch them break down the engines at super speed between each run - especially when they were using nitro which can detonate if you're a bit ham fisted with the spanners. To run in the 5's from memory he was at about 5000hp when he was using methanol. He said if he lined up 14 buckets full of methanol he could burn them quicker than we could kick them over! Weight also plays a part though - one of those methanol dragsters is probably half the weight of Acids C63 so you can see how much more power/weight you need to drop from 11's to 5's!

I'm not really into drag racing per se but to see the top fuel dragsters run is something else

Grumpy Dave
We go every year for the FIA Finals at Santa Pod, recently been going on hospitality tickets which gets us to the balcony on the start line (pit-side). Nothing like TF dragsters on wide open throttle, but then pro drag racing as a whole is great fun to watch (and listen to!) - I look forward to partial hearing loss every year :D

We go every year for the FIA Finals at Santa Pod, recently been going on hospitality tickets which gets us to the balcony on the start line (pit-side). Nothing like TF dragsters on wide open throttle, but then pro drag racing as a whole is great fun to watch (and listen to!) - I look forward to partial hearing loss every year :D
I like the flames and earth tremors!

As mentioned earlier, the C63 was not built for drag racing, even though the owner still does enjoy it from time to time. ;)

It was mainly built for one purpose which was to be the quickest Mercedes at V-Max, which it successfully managed, recording over 200mph quite a while back now.

Nice car the BS but maybe not with the "flip" paint job but if it is a advert for the business then i guess it does stand out , just a bit.

It's actually a wrap, so can be reversed at any time relatively quickly. :)

I just made a statement / as I have stated before some AMG cars in standard or modified tune are not as quick as owners claim.

Must have hit a nerve.
No you haven't hit a nerve at all.
I must pull you up on your quote of " some AMG cars in standard or modified tune are not as quick as owners claim"

Can you link me to any single post here that proves this? Who has claimed their car is quicker than it actually is?
I think you are trolling and I have bitten. Well done, mission accomplished.

You seem to have a grudge against AMG owners and their cars or is it a little envy?

You seem to have a grudge against AMG owners and their cars or is it a little envy?
He also likes replying to his own posts.
It's his 'style' apparently.

Seems also quite common to add wild statements, but never anything to back the statements.

He should stick to his forum name ie(boyband) and his lack of knowledge is comical at times plus i would love to see his car do a 13 sec quarter mile ,more like 14.7 from what i read 🤣 has any 1 actually seen a photo of his car or is that in his head aswell 😉 keep the post's up 🙂

Hi boys , providing a photo of a any car does not prove I own that car. I do understand that Increased HP may only knock a micro second of a car performance but suggest that a clean and well polished car is quicker than a dirty car.

A correctly serviced car is faster than a badly serviced car.

If I had wanted an AMG car I would have gone out and purchased one.

If anyone feels I have been trolling them that is not the case and I apologize.

I have no idea how fast my car is and have no intention of finding out.No two cars are the same so if you say my cars takes 14.7 seconds to achieve 1/4 mile I have no problem with you comment.

I wish you good afternoon

I have no idea how fast my car is and have no intention of finding out.
I guess the post where you said "my 330 bhp car runs 13 seconds" may have misled people into believing you did have an idea how fast your car is 😉

How long till he answers his own reply 🤔
(In his style) i don't understand what trolling is ,its all good fun ,and i do know how fast my car is ,f----ing fast .🤣

I guess the post where you said "my 330 bhp car runs 13 seconds" may have misled people into believing you did have an idea how fast your car is 😉
I am just quoting the performance figures given to me.

The M276 on the Oasis sheet states the engine is detuned and then retuned !

The three litre engine M276 is used in some AMG ( genuine ) cars but my car is the three and a half litre version.

If I mislead any one thinking the performance was from my car I do apologize.

The M3 certainly didn`t disgrace itself at half the price and displacement , what i found astonishing was 950nm from a 3.0 L engine which just shows that the old adage of there being "no replacement for displacement" may not be applicable anymore.
I thought the race was the perfect highlight for that saying. Despite the same torque and lighter weight the BMW was slower. Big capacity engines really shine at higher speeds, where they continue to pull strongly where a smaller turbo engine just seems to run out of puff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom