Max Verstappen too young for F1?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'Crash', that's stretching it a bit. I think he should be given a break about this, a young lad that normally drivers F3 cars has a tip while giving people a laugh. Good on him.

I thought it was quite funny (embarrasing) but I can see the media having a field day adding fuel (sorry) to some arguments

I kind of go with Fernando Alonso's take on this. We'll know half way into next season if it was a good decision or not.

Fred knows a bit more about F1 that anyone likely to post here.

I kind of go with Fernando Alonso's take on this. We'll know half way into next season if it was a good decision or not.

Fred knows a bit more about F1 that anyone likely to post here.

Yep, I have to agree with that. The drivers don't seem unduly worried.

I remember all the rubbish being spouted by the media when Kimi was first given a super licence..... and look how that turned out.

Speaking in general terms, young drivers need to build experience in junior catagories to ensure their future shoud they either a) not get to F1 or b) get to F1 very quickly, then spat out the other end equally as fast.
They have no experience to go forward and earn a living in sport cars et al, with sod all experience of racing.
The kid is good. I don't doubt that. But I don't see the point of putting him in an F1 seat so quickly. Let him build experience first.
Hamilton by comparison, very good driver. Won F3 Euro series and GP2 before coming to F1. His race craft was still a bit shaky but undoubtedly benefitted from those years. Had he, for whatever reason, lost his F1 drive after a year or 2 he had the basic experience to get a paid drive elsewhere. Poor old Max won't.
Just my opinion.

Max Verstappen proved how good a decision it was to place him in Formula 1 today driving himself to 4th place in Hungary after many of the so-called expert drivers were making countless mistakes.

Good luck to the lad :)

Future champion for sure. Even more impressive than his driving ability is his mental approach, characteristic of all the very best.

He is outperforming some far more experienced drivers, this is why I sense some resentment towards him as he is making them look bad.

The lad has the skills to compete and that is what matters.

I'm not a football fan, but isn't there a famous quote about 'If you're good enough, you're old enough.'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom