May be looking for an A or B class as school run car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Anybody have anything?

Just wish I had spotted that one from @wongl - think I would have bitten his hand off!

Just wish I had spotted that one from @wongl - think I would have bitten his hand off!
Hi Steve, I actually sold it to a fellow member from Leeds who came all the way down to Croydon (South London) to buy the A-Class pretty much unseen.

Given the unfriendly ULEZ charges being expanded to cover all of London upto the M25, there are plenty of non-ULEZ for sale on the cheap in the London area and there could be rich pickings if you are prepared to travel to buy.

Good luck Steve.

Hi Steve, I actually sold it to a fellow member from Leeds who came all the way down to Croydon (South London) to buy the A-Class pretty much unseen.

Given the unfriendly ULEZ charges being expanded to cover all of London upto the M25, there are plenty of non-ULEZ for sale on the cheap in the London area and there could be rich pickings if you are prepared to travel to buy.
"In the Greater Greater London area...."

Diesels are still trading very cheap up to 20 miles outside of ULEZ. Owners are offloading and buyers are steering clear of "dirty diesel."

So definitely worth looking around London for little gems.

(Says a man who has taken a 250 mile train journey up to Preston to buy a one owner 2003 MX5.)

Good luck Steve.
Let me know if you see any A or B please. Must be auto and around the same price bracket as yours was i.e. £2 - £3K'ish. Petrol preferred but at that level, diesel not an issue
"In the Greater Greater London area...."

Diesels are still trading very cheap up to 20 miles outside of ULEZ. Owners are offloading and buyers are steering clear of "dirty diesel."

So definitely worth looking around London for little gems.

(Says a man who has taken a 250 mile train journey up to Preston to buy a one owner 2003 MX5.)
Firstly, well done on braving Preston - the town where pyjama's constitute getting dressed up to go out.
As above, please let me know if you see or know of any?

Same goes for all members

Last edited:
Comments please. Anything in particular to look out for?

2008 Mercedes-Benz A Class 2.0 A180 CDI Avantgarde SE CVT 5dr HATCHBACK Diesel A | eBay

MOT history seems sorta OK - pitted discs on last two and MOT due shortly so guess these would be sorted. From pic, wheels look as if they may need some attention? May be able to pop over later although not sure what I should be looking for! LOL
We did not go for this after all. Was in good condition for the age and price, but Mrs. Gollom could not get past the fact he was offering what she saw was a lot less in part ex then she had originally paid for the Kia. Despite additional mileage and a fair number of light'ish car park type dings (caused by someone else of course........) I tried to explain, but she dug her heels in and at the end of the day, it is her car and her choice.

We didn't fall out over it - past that stage and just accept we each have different opinions

I reckon he would drop to £3.3K with a service and new MOT if no part-ex involved if anybody is interested. Had 2 new tyres, brake fluid replacement and aircon recharge last June (seen the invoice) Pan sunroof needs a god clean, but works fine. Wheels will need attention and drivers side bolster needs attention. Previous owner a reverend - fact as I found him on Facebook!

Great vehicle model. I bought one many years back with under 10k on the clock for the wife. We had that vehicle for about four years with absolutely no problems. That said, would I now personally buy another CVT of that age ….no I would not. Potentially any problem with that gearbox would render the vehicle worthless. IMHO that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom