May I recommend a muffler delete?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fivehunnit

Car
CLS63 AMG (W219)
I've just had one of the final (for now!) stages done to my CLK 500 W209, black series kit, full respray and twinned pipes with quad tips happen, had the muffler deleted and resonator was already removed ages ago, Pipecraft in Basildon (Essex) did the exhaust work
image.jpg
Heard and Thought that the noise would be a massive drone at motorway speeds, not on the 200 miles I did straight after, just insane bellows, I will get a sound clip soon, I know lots of people debate having this done, I high reccomend.

So you basically have straight-through pipe from the cats back? I remember seeing a Youtube clip of an R129 SL500 with this setup and it sounded pretty good! A potential MOT fail though, depending on the whim of the tester
Method of Inspection
During all parts of the emissions test relevant for the vehicle, assess subjectively the effectiveness of the silencer in reducing exhaust noise.

Reason for rejection
A silencer in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a standard silencer in average condition.

I did it to my ml55 amg.... Sounded amazing

As did I on my W208 CLK55. Had a slight drone though at certain revs. Sounded like it was setting the world on fire though!

So you basically have straight-through pipe from the cats back? I remember seeing a Youtube clip of an R129 SL500 with this setup and it sounded pretty good! A potential MOT fail though, depending on the whim of the tester

Basically it has primary and secondary cats, then from there it's straight pipes, got through the MOT last week with no mention of it :)
Almost forgot, here's a sound clip with Gopro
http://youtu.be/dKeC7kSz6rQ

Nice, and well done on the MOT!

Great sound, well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom