maybe staying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steam_powered

Car
SAAB 93
Hi all. I have been reading your forum posts for a few weeks, as I have been looking at a CL500 as the family's 2nd car. Lot of good advice and friendly banter (I take it none of you work for MB sales / after sales?)

Any advice on LPG conversions? Apologies if I upset any purist petrol only members ;)

Something like...

MERCEDES-BENZ CL CL500 AUTO - LPG - SAT NAV - KEYLESS GO - TOP SPEC- Auto Trader UK

or buy to convert?

2004 Mercedes CL500 in Battersea

May I ask your budget and how long you intend to keep the car for?

budget

Hi Sweetpea :$

I know the debate about spending more to save more in the long run, but hopefully £10,000 (£8,000 would be great).

Maybe?
MERCEDES-BENZ CL CL500 2DR AUTO FACELIFT MODEL- Auto Trader UK

The idea started out as a discussion with my wife saying she would like a replacement car for her birthday next year (10 years before mid-life crisis kicks in!). While looking around locally, I think I have high-jacked the idea of a car for myself.

Probably keeping it for 5 years or to death, whichever comes first.

the CL500 idea came from the initial high spec the car has, whereas I like the coupe shape. We do have three daughters though! How they will fit into the seats I have no idea (good job it will be a second car).

Thanks.

Jeremy Clarkson might be selling a CL600 before long :D

A result of May's midnight visit with a screwdriver?

At least it would come with a new ignition coil - wait a few weeks and there will be more new parts .

Of course , there might also be a BMW coupe for sale as well ?

With your user name , wouldn't a Stanley steam car be on your shortlist ?

If i didn't get seasick, maybe. Looks like a big boat..... the Charlotte Dundas looks more stable (designed locally to me probably around the same time)

thinking I might change my username to solar powered, but that might give the 'bald' game away.

If i didn't get seasick, maybe. Looks like a big boat..... the Charlotte Dundas looks more stable (designed locally to me probably around the same time)

You from Falkirk/Grangemouth ?

Sorry, William Symington (inventor / engineer / builder of the boat) was from south lanarkshire area.

Should have said he was local, not the actual boat.

have you heard of Uddingston?

Yes , I work in Hamilton , but born in Falkirk , lived in Bo'ness , so knew about C-D being built in Grangemouth - Charlotte Dundas shopping centre there named after it !

The CL is really a 4 seater car- there being no real centre rear seat at all . If you can live with the 4 seat thing personally I would look out for a nice V8 CLK - You can still get that fairly exclusive V8 woofle and performance but without the complexity of active suspension and tricky electrics.

Last edited:
Thanks. Not knowing much about MB cars, does CLK have the huge specification of 'toys'? I think this is what drew attention in the first place (I realise this means more to go wrong).

Thanks. Not knowing much about MB cars, does CLK have the huge specification of 'toys'? I think this is what drew attention in the first place (I realise this means more to go wrong).

All the V8 CLK's are high spec being top of the model line so are usually very well equipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom