mayor khan emission for london how about classic cars or there are exemptions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dinoy

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes of course
anybody knows or we need to move outside the north circular nad m25 any ideas

are their exemptions for owners of classic cars

also the £10 charge apply outside central london but within north circular the same as old vans etc

anybody knows or we need to move outside the north circular nad m25 any ideas

are their exemptions for owners of classic cars

also the £10 charge apply outside central london but within north circular the same as old vans etc

LEZ does not affect cars, they are all exempt apart from some light utility vehicles

is this for new regulations annouced or planned today

so ml320 1999 with need to pay fees as well g wagon i guess

i assume this being reported on tv today

mayor talking about brand new ulez not original lez

£10 daily charge on non euro 4/iv emission std

car pre 2005

extending it to south n north circular

include cars, vans, minibuses and heavy vehicles

here is the consultantion paper with plans to expand to include north and south circular it takes a few minutes pls object and demand exemption for classic cars fron 1973-2005 as per insurance and other classifications and residents of those areas
it is important we r heard

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/environment/air-quality-consultation-phase-2/consultation/

I am not unsympathetic to your cause, but I think the concern is that owners will attempt to get any old banger qualify as 'Classic'. What are the insurance restrictions on classic cars anyway?

Insurance wise there aren't any. Any car can be classed as a classic as it is only a term used for a type of policy. Usually one on limited mileage that doesn't accrue no claims discount.

Insurance wise there aren't any. Any car can be classed as a classic as it is only a term used for a type of policy. Usually one on limited mileage that doesn't accrue no claims discount.

Other than the limited mileage they usually require you to have a 'normal' day driver as well as the 'classic'. And almost all classic policies need the car to be at the least parked off-road if not garaged at home address,

The exemption is defined for historic vehicles, which under current VED definition is for cars built before 1st January 1976 AND registered by their owner as historic to gain the tax exemption. It isn't automatic.

There are almost as many definitions of classic as there are cars that might be so described, but good luck in getting a 2005 vehicle recognised as exempt from environmental controls on the grounds of it being a classic - the whole point of this is to take older vehicles that don't meet emissions standards off the roads.

And ultimately.... if a car is actually a 'classic'... e.g. a cherished example that does not get much road use.... then surely having to pay a tenner on the odd occasion when it gets driven into London shouldn't be a major hindrance for owners?

Othewise, I can certainly see the temptation for some owners in getting their 2004 Corsas and Fiestas classified as 'classic' to avoid paying the charge.

On another note, Sadiq Khan's U turn on Boris Johnson's emissions policy is telling.

Boris Johnson's vision was London as a world leader in reducing CO2 emissions to combat global warming. Air quality in the capital was a secondary consideration...

Sadiq Khan seems to be doing the opposite - concentrating on Londoners' health rather than the world's problems.

On this issue, I am with Sidiq Khan. After all, the Mayor's primary task is looking after his/her city and its inhabitants....

Other than the limited mileage they usually require you to have a 'normal' day driver as well as the 'classic'. And almost all classic policies need the car to be at the least parked off-road if not garaged at home address,
only certain makes allowed as classic german swedish not all british french italian american
no japanese south east asian indian as far as i know

if their member club (like ours) would help in classic classification

must be over 10 years old limited mileage

for people like us living within the zone would be a daily charge this is unfair even when unused and would force us to move from inside north circular zone which surely against personal freedom.

as we are mercedes club we should object to it as most old mercedes are both classic most are rare and since 24-7 means no gathering is allowed in ace cafe for example with charges and why 24-7 when conjestion charge is monday to friday 8-6pm

perhaps residents within the zone should be given exemption

Last edited:
Well thats nothing to what i have read about disels .It looks like curtains for them CDIs .And by 2030 , there will be no aspirated engine , that be diesel , or petrol ,will be used on a public road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom