Mazda MX5 MK1 1.8 iS £3500 (B61)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnilS

A limited edition UK Mk1 Mazda MX5 1.8 iS Model (1997)

EQUIPMENT
Laminated windscreen, retractable halogen headlamps, rear fog lamp, bright finish door handles, colour keyed bumpers and door mirrors, colour keyed rear mud guards, manual folding black vinyl soft top with heated glass screen, rear tonneau, side impact beams, suspension brace bar, vehicle immobiliser, tachometer, bucket seats, adjustable headrests, interior light, cigar lighter and illuminated ashtray, locking glovebox, locking centre storage box, panel light control, power steering, Kenwood stereo with electric aerial and original manuals (although a Pure DAB stereo is fitted with upgraded Pioneer 3-way speakers), special wallet. Dealer fit: MX-5 scuff plates.
As it is the iS model, it benefits from: Electric windows, Power steering (with drivers’ airbag), ABS and electric door mirrors.

EXTERIOR
Mazda MX-5 is finished in factory original and classic BRG (Code HU), to match the charisma of the car and era. A vibrant gloss shine exists owing to enthusiast pampered care and garage storage by me, and the previous owner of 12 years (a retired engineer at Jaguar). The normally problematic sills are spotlessly clean and the previous owner also had a light restoration of the rear arches and one front wing. The black vinyl hood is in perfect order with a tight fit and fitted around 4 years ago (also benefits from a rear glass heated window).
A few stone chips to the bonnet and randomly around the car but it is 20 years old. The Mazda Dealer security coded window etching also present as are dealer number plates (matching front and rear). The epitome of a modern classic sports car.

INTERIOR
Trimmed in the standard flame retardant Black Cloth upholstery, (Code NA3), the interior is exactly how Mazda intended. Everything is co-ordinated and operates perfectly.
The high backed seats have adjustable integral headrests offering maximum comfort and support with only the drivers bolster requiring a re-trim due to previous (and normal) wear. Dealer fit MX-5 scuff plates show slight markings having offered protection from new. The classic sports dashboard houses a cluster of crystal clear instruments that function precisely and are viewable through the Momo, leather clad steering wheel. The tonneau cover, tool kit, wheel brace and covered space saver wheel are all present and spotlessly clean. I have fitted a genuine MK2 wind deflector that can be easily removed.

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
To experience driving a well maintained and cared for Mk 1 MX-5 is a true motoring delight, especially in the most powerful 130bhp version. The lightweight 1.8 litre 16v DOHC engine sits low and behind the front axle to offer a low centre of gravity and centralised weight distribution making handling perfectly balanced and delightfully responsive. A top speed of 123mph and 0-60mph in 8.6 seconds is quoted. The close ratio short throw gearbox provides light and precise gear changes. Engine and transmission are in excellent order and pulls extremely well. A heavier duty battery was fitted last year.

WHEELS, TYRES & BRAKES
This exceptional Mazda has factory fitted, lightweight, 14inch alloy wheels which are shod in matching Michelin Energy saver tyres (185/60/R14) all round with excellent tread remaining (5mm). Powerful disc brakes all round with the rear pads and calipers only replaced recently. Locking wheel nuts and two locking keys. The spare is still housed in its protective vinyl case.

HISTORY FILE
First registered on the 27th February 1997 by Christchurch Mazda (Dorset) and owned by five former keepers before me.
The service book has 10 stamps in the book, plus the initial 600 mile inspection.
Services at mileages: 8352, 15959, 24689, 29773, 36966, 39036, 43799, 57088, 64883 and 70371.

The current mileage is 72300 miles.

The last owner enthusiast has owned it for over 12 years and an active member of Midlands Classic Motor club. Regular maintenance is documented with a fully stamped service book plus some invoices that show a cam belt change at Mazda in 2007 (at 57088 miles) and all the handbooks are contained in the original A5 wallet. Dealership literature includes business cards and extended warranties. A full set of spare keys are included.

MOT is due soon, but a new one will be supplied as part of the deal. HPI Clear (with report).

I am only selling as I intended to use it a European road trip, but that never materialised. Since owning it (just over a year), I have only done 600 miles. It needs to be driven so offering it up to someone who will use it. I will also be selling another car as I have too many.

The car costs me £97 annually for classic car insurance and has an agreed valuation of £3500. To my knowledge, these cars are now holding their price very well, and some are appreciating so an ideal car to enjoy and not worry about depreciation.

I will also offer, as first refusal, to the new keeper, an original black MX5 hardtop, heated year screen, original Mazda bag and garage hanging system, at extra cost.
This is an original (original stereo will be included and DAB one removed), low mileage and unmolested condition, this car is sure to delight the collector and is perfectly suited to an enthusiast wanting to experience fun and reliable classic motoring, just as Mazda intended all those years ago!

Inspection and test drives welcome of this honest little car.

Can't upload pictures from photobucket so PM me and I'll email across.

Reduced to £3250

and please, no drift merchants. As yesterday, you will be politely refused a test drive

My car will be SORN'd at the end of September, so there will be no test drives available.

It will be dry stored (and trickle charged) thereafter, but still started fortnightly and allowed to get to temperature, if not sold before.

Many thanks.

Car sold.

Kind regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom