MB 180 CLA (C118) any way of getting the pops and bang exhaust sound

• Thread starter Deleted member 159322
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't want it to sound like a ferrari or a jet plane,

Just wanted a little bit of pops and bangs just like the old A45 has
Didnt want it loud to annoy anyone either

Enough to make my car sound a little sportier and meatier like true a AMG.

Thats all 😔

CLA is a smart looking car.

Enjoy it and do what you want to and f*** everyone else.

New A45S AMG is an animal and not a bad exhaust note!
Agree totally with you.
Yes I love my 2020 cla it looks bloody amazing,
Only reason why I got the 180 model is because it was similar in performance with my old lexus, infact its quicker of the mark and top speed

All the new amg are bloody amazing,
The cla45s and the a45s WOW
If I could stretch to that sort of money I would have one of these 2 all day long.

I get a bit of liquid in my pants when I see any of them 🤗🤣

So going back to try achieving the pops and bangs (not loud) just so it sounds like a proper amg
There's no aftermarket product?
Or if there is what options are there?

#haterswillalwayshate

PS I'm NOT trying to make my car look like a cla45s some fake car as such!

Just want it to sound like a proper amg
- don't think there's anything wrong with that !

From my motorcycle experience pops & bangs on the overrun are because of air entering the exhaust through leaking joints or because the carburettor or fuel injection doesn't shut the fuel supply off completely on the overrun, allowing unburnt fuel to combust inside the exhaust. I used to do a trick with my Nissan Bluebird (with carburettor) company car years ago where I'd turn the ignition off on the overrun, allowing the engine to dump unburnt fuel into the exhaust, then turning the ignition back on to get a loud backfire. Was great fun until one day I did it & the rear silencer split open 😬😂 To the OP's original question I wonder if the fuelling could be re-mapped so that fuel was still injected on the overrun, promoting what you're after. I do wonder how that would affect your catalytic converter though.

Last edited:
Decent remap would be way forward.

GAD Tuing in Essex I can vouch for.

Instead of aiming for pops and bangs you might be able to get a nicer sound (maybe without pops and bangs) with just a new exhaust? I'm not sure what's available for the CLA but i'm sure there must be something out there. On my Alfa i have Alfaholics front pipes, sport cat, sport centre section (removed one silencer from original) and an Autodelta/Ragazzon unsilenced rear section. The V6 sounds good anyway but the exhaust mod makes a huge difference. This one below is also missing the centre silencer - bit loud for me but you can see what's possible.

GTV V6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom