MB 30yr anti-corrosion warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chesterdraws

Car
1986 300SL & 1980 280SL
Hi there,

can anyone tell me, is this warranty available on all MB models produced in the last 3 decades or only on selected vehicles?
Is it applicable to the R107?
Does anyone have particular experience with MB dealership on this issue?
I'm thinking of chancing my arm so any suggestions/advice more than welcome.
The vehicle in question is a 1986 300SL UK spec.

Cheers,

James

Chesterdraws said:
Hi there,

can anyone tell me, is this warranty available on all MB models produced in the last 3 decades or only on selected vehicles?
Is it applicable to the R107?
Does anyone have particular experience with MB dealership on this issue?
I'm thinking of chancing my arm so any suggestions/advice more than welcome.
The vehicle in question is a 1986 300SL UK spec.

Cheers,

James

Hi,
I think that the 30 year deal is only for cars that were built after 1997,and that they have to retain a FMBSH to keep it. 7 years is the max for older cars.
MB uk may have had a quiet rethink on mobilo life though as My service centre manager told me that mobilo is toped up every two years, as long as the car is serviced by MB in that time :rock: (if this is now true I believe that
they have realised that people are dumping MB alltogether as soon as a car loses its "life" status) will be useful if true :D

Hi all,

When I purchased my W210 E200K (2001 model) last year it had covered 34000 miles, the non merc dealer I purchased from had it serviced at a non MB dealer before i took delivery (i.e. not an MB stamp in the book) It has now done 48000 and having it serviced at MB today 'B' service, will I still qualify for 30yr bodywork and breakdown as I have a non MB stamp in the book from last time??

blicky_1 said:
Hi all,

When I purchased my W210 E200K (2001 model) last year it had covered 34000 miles, the non merc dealer I purchased from had it serviced at a non MB dealer before i took delivery (i.e. not an MB stamp in the book) It has now done 48000 and having it serviced at MB today 'B' service, will I still qualify for 30yr bodywork and breakdown as I have a non MB stamp in the book from last time??

Used to be _NO_ but if the service chap is right then you might get the cover renewed....

I am waiting for a desicion on mine now, I purchased my car from the main dealer who supplied it from new, somewhere along the line it has had one service by a car care centre before the dealer sold it to me and we are waiting for the decision by MB if they will repair my rust under warranty, only been on going since the 5th August 2004.

Andy W said:
I am waiting for a desicion on mine now, I purchased my car from the main dealer who supplied it from new, somewhere along the line it has had one service by a car care centre before the dealer sold it to me and we are waiting for the decision by MB if they will repair my rust under warranty, only been on going since the 5th August 2004.

Chase up your dealer. MB don't take this long to decide on a corrosion claim.

It's possible that the dealer doesn't have the sand blasting equipment or actually want to do the job, so is stalling submitting the claim.

Dieselman said:
Chase up your dealer. MB don't take this long to decide on a corrosion claim.

It's possible that the dealer doesn't have the sand blasting equipment or actually want to do the job, so is stalling submitting the claim.
What happened was after the dealer viewed my car twice last August and despite my 10 phone calls which not one was returned so after christmas I took it upon myself to contact MB UK at Milton Keynes, only after they intervened did my dealer contact me, after lengthy discussions they could find no record of my previous visits or phone calls and they said that the paint shop "lost" all the digital images, my dealer rang me last week to ask for a copy of my service book and a decision is likely to be made this week. The guy at the dealers even told me which local bodyshop does body repairs on their behalf, not sure if he should of told me that and if my car does go in I shall call in the garage and ask them to respray my bonnet for which I will happily pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom