MB/AMG wheels on other cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dand

Car
C208 230K
Lately when ive been pottering about and looking at cars on the internet ive notice quite a few quite a few cars that arent MB's are sitting on MB and AMG wheels.

Its left me a bit puzzled, The cars look cared for and arent beaters where any old set of alloys with legal tires will do which used to be the story and in the case of a Saab 900 coupe i saw a few weeks back with a set of 16in CLK wheels on. It finished it quite nicely imo. To me it seems odd putting another brands OEM wheels on a car. I was just wondering whats brought it on and what other peoples opinions where on it.

Last edited:
Is is common with VAG cars as they use a similar fitment.

SAAB use a different PCD so it was probably just some replicas or similar looking wheels to those on a CLK.

My friend put a set of 19" Porsche Cayenne wheels on his 316 Sprinter.....:dk:

Agreed with VAG - Bentley wheels on a new Golf give it a huge look - mind you the price of those wheels.....

its a good scene imo... i wa temted to put porsche turbo stwists on the w202 but as i have got coilovers and big brake kit yet... i opted for stagared amgs... you oftern see golfs running alphards

its a good scene imo... i wa temted to put porsche turbo stwists on the w202 but as i have got coilovers and big brake kit yet... i opted for stagared amgs... you oftern see golfs running alphards

The Lowered look is really growning on me, Thinkin about it i bet the 202 would of looked good with Porsche wheels on but i think you made the right choice with the AMG's.

The Lowered look is really growning on me, Thinkin about it i bet the 202 would of looked good with Porsche wheels on but i think you made the right choice with the AMG's.

yeah for now i think the amg's are the way to go. I just hope 18" is big enough, im worried that i should of gone for 19s.

Im sticking 255 width on the back though to give it a wide stance. I never used to bother with it, since i did it to the mini, i cant stand wheel gap ha

Yeah i think the AMG's will blend with the car better. Imo MB's look better with wheels with a bit of a lip on them, Id imagine 18's should be plenty ive seen a lowered c280 on 17" AMG hammers and with the lowered suspension they more than filled the aches.

I always went for after market alloys and left it there but after seeing a friends G60 lowered with staggered wheels on its got me tempted to have a go with my car once i got some spare cash.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/julian_morales/5167826933/

Last edited:
iv bought these, this is a 19" set on my dads CLS mine are 18s

Last edited:
Nice choice, i wanted a set of those for my CLK but while i was hunting for those a set of 18" BBS RK 2pc came up at a price that was to good to miss so i ended up gettin those.

See i was looking for BBS LM's but saw these on another 202 and then saw a staggered set for sale, so i changed my mind lol

BBS RK's are a lovely wheel though

Thanks, Yeah I really like LM's as well, I was lookin into a set but by the time i had a good set of tires on them i was lookin at over 2k which i couldn't warrant spending so it boiled down to OZ Ultraleggera's (similar to whats on the CLK DTM) or the RK's so after tryin both sets i opted them them.

Those AMG's look great staggered, i love the way they have that bowl shape to them.

I think AMG wheels are so tied to the MB brand that they look wrong on anything not an MB.

Other MB wheels look OK on other cars.

Yeah i agree with that, i saw a Passatt on w211 wheels and thought it looked quite nice. but after a hunt around on an Audi forum i saw a B5 S4 with AMG wheels similar to the ones on a w210 55AMG and imo it just looked wrong, they dont suit the cars lines at all and with AMG embossed into the spoke it dosent look right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom