MB Approved 9 months old C Class Coupe with a service due in 3 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartMAC

Car
C250 CDI Sport Coupe AMG
Car has just 3K miles and it is very high specification. I am waiting for the private plate to be moved onto the new car.
I just realized, MB do annual services so my car will be due for one in just 3 months.
MB website states that any routine maintenance due on a car bought using the MB approved used scheme will be covered by them.
Mercedes-Benz UK - Approved Used - Retailer Guarantee

Anybody know if this is correct and how to proceed when it happens. The car will be due for its first service exactly 3 months from now.

Hi welcome if a service is due within three months of you purchasing the car from mb then yes mercedes will carry out the service foc.

Thanks. I will double check the dates to be sure. I'll take it I could take it anywhere or does it need to be the place where I bought it?

Make them aware it is three months away from a due service and confirm with them it will be done - simple.

Thereafter you can take it where you like for servicing, or even do it yourself, although to honour the warranty it must be inline with MB's service schedule and using genuine parts.

Having a new car serviced by an MB dealer will probably ease re-sale if you intend to move it on within a few years.

Bobby Dazzler said:
Thereafter you can take it where you like for servicing, or even do it yourself, although to honour the warranty it must be inline with MB's service schedule and using genuine parts.

Having a new car serviced by an MB dealer will probably ease re-sale if you intend to move it on within a few years.

I intend to keep the car for a 8-10 years so I might do mb while the car is on guarantee and then find an indi.
If the dealer doesn't do the service before handover, it might be better as long as they can do it in 3 months.

You can check on whether the service has been carried out via the trip computer:
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manua...4/en/in-depth/index_start.shtml&part=in-depth

The link doesn't work for me but I will try that when I get the car next week. I have just seen your UK average figure with the same engine as mine. I will be very happy if I get anywhere near that on mine. Only getting 39mpg on my BMW 120d at the moment. Worse in Winter too.

Last edited:
The link doesn't work for me but I will try that when I get the car next week. I have just seen your UK average figure with the same engine as mine. I will be very happy if I get anywhere near that on mine. Only getting 39mpg on my BMW 120d at the moment. Worse in Winter too.

If you Google C Class interactive owner's manual, that should pull it up

I bought my SL from M-B Eastbourne, service was due within 3 months and I took it to M-B Guildford to have it done. No problem at all, I assume they just claimed it back from Eastbourne.

I bought my SL from M-B Eastbourne, service was due within 3 months and I took it to M-B Guildford to have it done. No problem at all, I assume they just claimed it back from Eastbourne.

That would be my preferred option as it will give me 15 months before the next 'paid by me' service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom