MB Approved Used scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
Does anyone know what is checked on an Approved Used car. I have read somewhere that tyres are replaced if below 4mm of tread, what else is upgraded or replaced.

Thanks

Tyres are 4mm, brakes and other wear and tear items should last the best part of a year before replacement.

At least 9 months mot and at least 3 months till next service. 12 month warranty.

You'll also get peace of mind and 30 day exchange plan.

Tyres are 4mm, brakes and other wear and tear items should last the best part of a year before replacement.

At least 9 months mot and at least 3 months till next service. 12 month warranty.

You'll also get peace of mind and 30 day exchange plan.

Thanks for the info. The car i am interested in also needs some light scratches sorting out on the bodywork and all 4 alloy wheels need a refurbish, the dealer said they would fix all issues so i assume this is also part of the approved used scheme.

Yes and no really.... Preparation standards are very high both in terms of mechanical prep and bodywork. A used car can't be turned into a new car but light scratches, touch in's etc should be done to a 'reasonable' standard. Wheel refurbs are common place and should be done.

Everyones idea of reasonable can be different but if the car is a restoration project to start with, dealers probably wont bother and move it on to a car supermarket.

Here you go

All the tyres must have 4mm or more
Matching tyre brand on each axle
9 months not remains if due
Service not due at time of buying car for next 3000 miles or 3 months
Preparation of vehicles cosmetics to AUC standard inc wheels damage free
Two keys
Handbooks
1st aid kits
Mileage checks
Full vehicle systems checks and fault free
Full retail valet