MB Auto Gearbox Controller/Tray for A170CDI A1683705506

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wongl

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180CDI, B200d, C300h, SLK250
New automatic gearbox controller purchased from Euromerc about a month ago. This fits inside the automatic gearbox of an A-Class (W168 vintage) and contains the gear valves to actuate the required gear selection. MB price is over £1200 + VAT, Euromerc online price is £450, but I managed to negoation a cash price of £400. Unfortunately it turns out that A1683705506 is the wrong part for my A170CDI and will not code to my car. Steve confirmed this when he connected this unit (without installing it inside the gearbox) to the MB computer at his MB dealership workshop. It was with the printouts that MB managed to identify the correct gearbox controller for my car due to it being manufactured during the week when there was a production change over.

Sadly Euromerc insisted that it is the correct part for my car and will not refund despite offering to show the Star printout and offering to pay a 20% restocking fee. So now looking to swap for the correct automatic gearbox controller A1683704306 or for sale for £360 - effective taking a 20% restocking fee hit.

I know how it feels to be left stranded with an item that doesn't fit, so if anyone from the club buys this off me for £360, I will give a 7 day refund policy (subject to a 20% "restocking fee"). I think this is the fairest way for both parties.

Please contact me via email at [email protected] if you are interested as I don't spend as much time here as I would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom