MB Automotive Loughbrough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Hi all,

I've found a place to do the next service and wanted to know has anyone used this place and any feedback please
MB Automotive Loughbrough

I've used a few years ago. Seemed sensible and did some welding on an exhaust bracket when they could have gone down the new part route if they wanted, but they said the weld would be fine and much cheaper. They did MOT and a service. All was fine and fair price for an MB independent. Booked up weeks in advance usually. I'll try Mercland next, as whilst a bit more out of the way for me, they are the forum sponsor and I work close to them (if I ever get back in the office due to coronavirus!)

ah thanks, I'm going to go and see them in person ad if it seems ok I'll book it in, Not paying main dealer prices in excess of £500 for A Service, tried some of the independents and Leicester and would not trust them at all,

Booked it in, they checked and said needs A service with extra work for Dust filter, the extra work quoted by Mercedes was Dust filter, Air filter, Fuel filter been told this doesn't need doing till 46K only done 34K, quoted inc parts and labour £180, and will be using genuine parts updated on digital service history, quite pleased seeing Mercedes quoted £548

Booked it in, they checked and said needs A service with extra work for Dust filter, the extra work quoted by Mercedes was Dust filter, Air filter, Fuel filter been told this doesn't need doing till 46K only done 34K, quoted inc parts and labour £180, and will be using genuine parts updated on digital service history, quite pleased seeing Mercedes quoted £548
That is quite a price difference !

To be fair though, they’re not replacing the air filters and fuel filter. A like for like comparison would be more interesting.

To be fair though, they’re not replacing the air filters and fuel filter. A like for like comparison would be more interesting.

Price for Air filter £45.20
Fuel filter £83.00
total parts price £128.20
Plus some labour for this, there's a difference of £368

All done, would 100% recommend, dropped it off at 8:15 AM was done by 9:40 with detailed invoice and digital service book updated. No hidden extras or unexpected charges, genuine friendly knowledgeable people with very good prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom