MB B'ham Central (Lichfield Rd, Aston)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smartbrabus

Car
Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
Anyone had any experience of this stealership - I have booked my P&J in there for some fault diagnosis/potential warranty work...

In no particular order:-
1) What model courtesy car can I expect :D
2) How attractive are the reception ladies ;)
3) Is the coffee any good :p

Have been there for some parts.

Using my VIN, they managed to sell me a gearbox oil filter and seal for a 190 !

You will get a smart as a courtesy car, I reckon (judging by what I saw!)

No comment on 2) & 3) as I didn't try either !

Whats up with the car ?

S.

Sounds promising :crazy:

My air con seems to be blowing out uncooled undehumidified air. Don't think it needs regassing as it seemed fine until recently.

The scuttle plate at the bottom edge of the windscreen needs refitting as its not sitting flush to the screen on one side (been like that since new).

Also the engine/exhaust is sounding a little raspy on startup from cold.

I went there to get advice on installing my sound system, car kit and recently to have an A class service.

Although I got a little bit of that unimpressed vibe from the staff considering my age, the reception girl (Olivia, I think) was kinda attractive, and nice to me. Also, the actual technicians were fantastic. They showed me how to pull up carpets, which I'd never done before and was scared to do on a merc, where everything should go, how to get the footplate off etc. and I got free lube because my accelerator pedal was sticking. :) I have to take it back there again actually because it's starting to stick up again. I also had a chat with the guys about chipping and induction kits and I actually felt like he wanted to give me the information, not deal with me swiftly because I was a kid.

They had an SL55, a C55, and an S500 last time I was there. I assume they still will be. Nice to sit in, felt a bit small in the S. In terms of courtesy car, I was offered an A Class, which I should have taken for a spin just for the experience, but I decided against it, as I didn't want to tempt fate. :)

MB Bham

Have used them for about four years and up until 3 weeks ago they were perfectly fine, nothing extraordinary though.

However, when my electric drivers mirror packed in it took 5 separate vistits. First visit was the diagnosis and part ordering. Second visit was for the motor being fitted. Third visit was for the mirror now working independently but not with the memory function. Fourth visit was to rectify the fault found at the third visit for the mirror. Fifth visit was to put a new part in the mirror again. On this last visit the problem had still not been solved and when one of the technicians was called out and I pointed it out to him, he looked confused and muttered 'we replaced the passenger side mirror part!!'

At this point I'd had enough and briefly complained before leaving.

Went to another delear (in Bham) who asked me to bring it in on a Monday morning, After a 15 minute wait all was done and in order.

With the Bham Lichfield Rd dealership I was booked a courtesy car only to turn up and find out id have to wait ages for it to come back to the dealership as it was being used to drop people off, where's the point in adavance booking if that happens?

Seems that ever since it changed hands from its previous ownership (gerrard Mann) standards have declined.

Well, I must disagree with Abbs.

I've been using them recently because my office in Brum is a 5 minute walk away.

I DO agree that in the past they have been pretty awful. I posted a while back that i paid £23 for a sidelight bulb to be replaced at the front. After that I didn't use them for a good while. Particularly when not a week before the sidelight debacle I went in for a new brake light bulb for the rear, and got given 2 free of charge.

However, they took my corrosion claim seriously and did a superb job on the new front wing and the bootlid. The car came back looking excellent.

Last service was carried out superbly, no issues there and most recent my MOT was done there too. The whole experience was faultless. Telephoned and booked it in, got a courtesy reminder call a day before, turned up, got booked in, asked when I wanted the car ready, phoned when it was, and then taken outside to be shown the work they had done on the car.

I do wonder if they have had their asses kicked becuase more recently the customer service has been first class.

They move to new premises soon, on the Ring Road.

Recommended.

When i bought my 300sl 3 months ago it was due its 96k B service. One of the service managers had a look around the car, told me it had been restored by them 2 years ago (i know 100% it wasnt!!), then he told me he couldnt give me a fixed price for a service, that he could probably recommend £2k worth of work on the car and that they would provide me with a full list of work needed, I DONT THINK SO!! Took it to an independant, serviced for £220, all needed was a new headlight seal and some other minor work

Update

Dropped the car off this morning - so far so good:-

Service reception young lady: very nice indeed :drool:
Coffee: 7/10 - not bad for a machine.
Courtesy car: although was allocated a smart when I booked it in, they took pity on me and gave me an A class "Elegance" auto. Not sure if its petrol or diesel (no badge - sounds quiet but is fairly torquey) need to find out though 'cos its running on empty...!

As to whether they will be able to fix my ride, watch this space...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom