MB built like a tank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My understanding is that dashcams are mandatory in Russia.

My understanding is also that a significant proportion of the Russian population are habitually intoxicated.

The combination of which makes for hours and hours of YouTube footage.......

Not great for those involved or affected by these crashes, obviously.

Back in the nineties I was a passenger in a W201 that was rear-ended by a fully-loaded cement mixer lorry at motorway speed. The lorry had a scratch on the front rail and the W201 was totalled. Well, I say 'totalled', because it should have been, but someone decided in their wisdom to rebuild it anyway, and unsurprisingly it was never the same again, though it did live on for a number of years, water ingress and all. That said... neither myself nor the driver suffered any injuries, apart for a very painful neck for a couple of weeks. My own car at the time was a Mark I Astra aka Opel Kadett D... no chance of survival in that one.

Love a w140

Reactions: 219
Typical W140 owners think they own the road. My solid interpretation ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Since black S600s became the car of choice for heads of state , dictators etc after the demise of the W100 , many of them actually do own the roads ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

The sequel , this time a W210

And for fans of the W114 , this one is not quite stock

The sequel , this time a W210

The van driver!

A bullet proof Benz

Since black S600s became the car of choice for heads of state , dictators etc after the demise of the W100 , many of them actually do own the roads ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

You forgot to mention Russian gangsters. :cool:
In Moscow back in the days the w140 S500 - S600 were the most popular limousines among criminals

Back in the days, there were more gangster Mercs in Moscow than in the entire wealthy emirate of Saudi Arabia.
MB must have made a fortune on these cars?

G Wagen this time

G Wagen this time

That looks computer-generated to me.

Back in the days, there were more gangster Mercs in Moscow than in the entire wealthy emirate of Saudi Arabia.
MB must have made a fortune on these cars?

They were not sold directly in Russia until the mid 90's due to importation red tape (the joy of a communist/capitalist cross over). I used to work for Berezovsky and he made most of his early money buying new cars, mainly Mercedes but also nearly new BMW and Audi's in Germany and exporting them to Russia, incidentally transporters went in full and then brought Avotvaz cars back to Western Europe that were then sold back to Russians, all be it with lower taxes. All hail democracy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom