MB C Class ( 203 ) c180 Mirror wiring problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barcodebleep

Car
Vauxhall
:wallbash::(Hello all....newbie here, please be gentle.

I am trying to assist my son who has the above vehicle, 2004. We require some help obtaining the wiring as follows. Passenger side mirror was damaged and we have managed to obtain one. However, the wiring from the mirror was damaged and the plug destroyed so we are left with no way of connecting the mirror. As you will be aware, the wiring goes from the mirror and joins the rest of the loom via plugs in the door panel. This has been removed easily and it is the part we need. The cable is about 20 " long and has two plugs at one end, one plug in the middle of the length, and one plug at the damaged end which has two wires in it. This leaves us with 5 wires requiring a plug which would then go in the mirror. I have all the info concerning the vehicle, Reg Number, VIN number etc. and would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in anticipation,

Barcodebleep

BB C class mirror harness problem

No it's not the one...the length is about right but that's all.

Thanks for trying.

Barcodebleep126.jpg

THIS IS THE RASCAL !!!

There is the mystery...it was bought just as a mirror. We did not realise the extent of the wiring problem until after we had bought the mirror. The supplier said they do not come with a loom as the usual problem is mirrors getting damaged not looms. However when your mirror gets a smack off a pasing motor it can destroy the wiring......as in this case. I guess if there is a parts supplier out there other than Mercedes who can supply a mirror and lead there might be a chance we could return the mirror.....or sell it as it is brand new and boxed.

Thanks for all the input so far.

barcodebleep

The person we got the mirror from said they dont come with looms as they are rarely required. However when a passing motorist caves your mirror in and breaks the wiring this is what you get !! I suppose if there was a loom out there that is supplied witha new mirror we could get it and then sell the one we have ( brand new and Boxed ).

Thanks for all help so far,

barcodebleep

There is the mystery...it was bought just as a mirror. We did not realise the extent of the wiring problem until after we had bought the mirror. The supplier said they do not come with a loom as the usual problem is mirrors getting damaged not looms.

Your supplier is full of it, they do come with looms, which aren't that easy to fit either.

Send it back and get one from somewhere else, make sure you buy the right one though as there are quite a few types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom