MB child seats

Discussion in 'Interior' started by SilverSaloon, Jul 6, 2004.

1. SilverSaloon

SilverSaloon MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
    hi

is there a website that shows the range of MB baby seats? i need to buy one or am i best just going into a dealer?

i need one with the airbag transponder thing - can you get ones made by other companies or do they have to come from MB?

2. nickmann

nickmann Active Member

Car:
    Porsche 911
    They are in the MB accessories catalog, which is online at MB as well as on a stand at the dealers.

By the way - the seat doesn't need to be MB -, so if you fancy a Honda one (approx half the cost as I recall) it will still be detected and disable the airbag.

Of course you would be foolish to take my word for it, given what may be at stake, because my experience is limited to a particular seat in a particular car, so the best thing is to pop into wherever sells the one you fancy be it Ford, Honda etc, then take it outside and make sure it disables the airbag.

3. OP
    OP
    SilverSaloon

Car:
    great, will take a look thru the online brocure..... :)

will check out other car makes then too. also need one that will physicaly fit into my wife's Alfa too,

4. scottishc280

scottishc280 Member

there is a new range of seats just come out

I am about to get a car seat (and a newborn) in the next month. I got the new brochure from the stealer and they now have 2 different seats to chose from. A lot less gaudy(sp) than the original one. The down side is the one for a new born (which does last until they are around 5 years) costs £450....yes that is four hundred and fifty pounds :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Shude

Shude Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK55 AMG
    I think this should have been posted in the interior section, moving...

6. pammy

pammy MB Enthusiast

Car:
    hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
    But if it lasts five years and could save your child from serious injury or worse should the worst thing happen - it's worth it - and less than £2 per week :rolleyes:

Congrat's on your almost new born - enjoy :D

7. OP
    OP
    SilverSaloon

Car:
    yeah its new born i need (due november).

if it lasts 4 or 5 years than thats good but they can just go in the back after so many months which is a better option imo

8. marcos

marcos MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 estate
    I found that the other manufacturers seats come out better in the safety tests and only cost £100-£150. If you need one with transponders because you want to put the seat in the front, think it over. The child will be much safer in the front and a lot of countrys now have laws stating that children under 5yrs old must be in the rear seats and not the front.

9. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I have the Mercedes Transponder seat (the one that goes up to age 5).

Yes, it was very expensive and ironically it has only been used in the front maybe once or twice. It spends its life behind the driver seat so mummy can reach over to it easily.

Saying that though even mounted in the back it sits a lot more snugly than most other aftermarket seats that I've tried e.g. Bebe Comfort (my choice if I didn't need transponders).

Tags: