MB Chrome Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemc2008

Car
BMW e39 540i 4.4 V8
Hi Guys

I have the chrome trim that runs around my car, except its missing from my front bumper.. which should be AMG and isnt.. :(

Does anyone have MB part numbers for my missing trim? The bits that run underneath the headlights..

See picture..

Leemc20058916264.jpg

Wow.. Thanks for the link..

So I'm thinking..

2028850174 & 2028850274 :)

According to Inchcape they're £40 each with 10% discount!

I'm going to call up MB in a few minutes and get a price directly from them? Do I ask for discount? Or will they laugh at me!

Hi Guys

I have the chrome trim that runs around my car, except its missing from my front bumper.. which should be AMG and isnt.. :(

Does anyone have MB part numbers for my missing trim? The bits that run underneath the headlights..

See picture..

Leemc20058916264.jpg

You'll need a new bumper if you want to fit the bumper chromes.

Why is that? I was under the impression the bumper chromes were fitted to the Avantguade and the AMG..

You'll need a new bumper if you want to fit the bumper chromes.
I did wonder why there were no painted strips in place of the chrome ones, I guess they are moulded into the esprit and sport models!

Best option is probably to get hold of either a C36 front bumper skin or a whole bumper I suppose.

If you're creative and desperate for chrome you could always get some self-adhesive stuff from foliatec or whoever.

Why is that? I was under the impression the bumper chromes were fitted to the Avantguade and the AMG..

Early Sport and Classic bumpers have the black trims that are actually part of the bumper.

So no holes or space to fit any chromes.

Ah right. Thanks for the info!!

I want my AMG bumper back, but at £700+ costs more than the whole car. I spoke to Mercedes and they wont sell me just the bumper skin, have to buy the entire thing..

Ah right. Thanks for the info!!

I want my AMG bumper back, but at £700+ costs more than the whole car. I spoke to Mercedes and they wont sell me just the bumper skin, have to buy the entire thing..

You'll get an outer skin from a breaker somewhere.

Expect to pay about £150-£175 for a decent one.

I dont mind paying up to £200 just for the skin.. I'll have to hunt around.. I spent the whole evening the other day looking and didnt managed to find anything.. I found one heavy front impact C36.. so bumper was destroyed!

I dont mind paying up to £200 just for the skin.. I'll have to hunt around.. I spent the whole evening the other day looking and didnt managed to find anything.. I found one heavy front impact C36.. so bumper was destroyed!

Remember that the bumper stiffner (the insides) are different between AMG bumpers and normal ones.

Looking at the diagram I see there is indeed a different inner frame for the AMG!

It's a whopping £286 (given that it's just a bit of plastic) too.

Something to consider when buying bare AMG bumper skins off ebay....

Ha.. They would be knowing my luck! haha.. Seems like it'd be cheaper to facelift the whole car!

Ha.. They would be knowing my luck! haha.. Seems like it'd be cheaper to facelift the whole car!
A facelift elegance front bumper looks more aggressive than the one you have and would have chrome trim on it.

A pair of facelift bumpers (not AMG ones) would set you back £200 or so, plus painting.

In theory you could sell your rear AMG bumper to help sponsor a reasonable amount of the cost...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom