MB Club grammar police please take note.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How can it be classed as racist i am English born and bred and my grammar is diabolical nothing at all to do with race its because i had better things to do at school when i should have been listening!

"Instead of helping minorities whose first language is not English to become better speakers and writers, Chalabi demands that the rest of society conform to the lowest common denominator."

100% nail on head.

It is also racist to wash one's hands after using the loo, I'm told.

I used to have to cascade comms to my teams which had been written by a man with a strong regional accent, written as he would speak.

My first few attempts left me and my audience stumped in places until I switched to his regional accent when it made sense and gave us all a laugh - the first time, it soon got tiresome.

As this forum does not tolerate abuse or racism would the grammar police please take note.

The Guardian: Correcting People?s Bad Grammar is Racist » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Any further posts on grammar correction will not be tolerated ;-)

I'm not perfect when it comes to the Queens English (Happy Birthday!). But I do believe that the correct use of any language (i.e. grammar) is important. Incorrect use leads to miscommunication and misunderstanding.

Panda eats shoots and leaves - springs to mind.

I don't find it offensive when my grammar is corrected, just see it as a useful lesson? I live in France some of the time and I'm eternally grateful when told I have said something incorrectly. How else will I learn?

Mark

Last edited:
Oh Deer the honting spector of pulitical correctnes raises it's uggly head again....my parents would turn in their grave to think that the money they invested in my edukashion would be used for the furtherance of rassism....innit..like mate !!!

Wii dote need no edukardashian

The response to the original article by Chris Menahan is perfect in tone, measure and reason:

"The message is clear; ” Don’t strive to improve yourself, accept mediocrity,
In fact, place mediocrity above excellence, “we have to spend more time listening to what people who can barely speak have to say.”
Chalabi’s argument is of course completely absurd and is borne out of the deranged social justice warrior mentality that everything imaginable is racist.

This is yet another example of leftists promoting the bigotry of low expectations.
Instead of helping minorities whose first language is not English to become better speakers and writers, Chalabi demands that the rest of society conform to the lowest common denominator.

The notion of allowing people to abandon grammar rules and simply make up their own because they have some grievance borne out of not being white is completely demented and should be vehemently rejected by anyone who values the sanctity of the English language."​

Stupid woman. Yes, let's all descend to the level of grunting rnb singers.

Of course, people have been correcting the Grauniad's spelling for years. Is that racist too?

Although in the video she seems to be referring more to spoken grammar, not written, the fact that she mentions someone's race means the whole point is lost in a sea of "lefties hate aspiration" Daily Wail style rants.

She doesn't have a point, to lose or gain.

ANYBODY, of any colour, race or creed, should know when to use vernacular, in both speech and writing and when to be formal.

This is nothing to do with race in any way. I would not go up to the Queen and say "by eck lass, tha's lookin' gradely", nor would I say "YO BEEATCH! YOU IS FINE".

I would not write in my CV that I was a bitchin coder.

This is nothing to do with race in any way. I would not go up to the Queen and say "by eck lass, tha's lookin' gradely", nor would I say "YO BEEATCH! YOU IS FINE".

I would not write in my CV that I was a bitchin coder.

You seem to want to prove her point.

This brought back memories of California in the 70's and the beginning of positive discrimination in hiring and university admissions. Equal Oppotunity Goals (quotas) the teaching of Ebonics (Black English) as a separate language in some school districts and Race Relations classes for all.

When I retired from the military I began taking tests to gain Civil Service employment. Although I placed quite highly in one category statewide (9/350) I kept getting interviewed but never hired. A few days after one interview, one of the panel members phoned me at home and said, "I wanted to hire you but we were ordered to go down the list and hire only ******,(Non whites).
Eventually I did get hired and my supervisor-to-be had to write a letter to the Equal Opportunity Office of our department, stating why he had hired a white male and not a minority or a woman. This does not foster warm feelings among the work force.

I could go on and on but is a hot topic that people will never agree on (also see abortion, death penalty, gay marriage, etc., etc.) so I will be quiet.
I hope this post doesn't get me banned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom