MB CLUB UK - March 16th 2003 - Confirmed GTG Details

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
MB CLUB UK - March 16th 2003 - Confirmed GTG Details

The next gathering as most of you know will be hosted by Jimmy on the above date.

Anyone is welcome to attend, no need ask, just turn up and enjoy!

Aim to be there for 10.30am.

The exact address for the meeting is:
Express AutoParts
Garrard Way
Telford Way Industrial Estate
KETTERING
Northamptonshire
NN16 8TD

More details to be posted here shortly, including photo's of the venue.

Click HERE to see a list of people attending !!! :rock:

Maps to help people arrive are below.
contac1.gif

Kettering.jpg

Again, many thanks to Jimmy for hosting this event, and look forward to seeing everyone there! :bannana:

Lets make this a day to remember for MB Club UK!

Last edited:
Larger Map for those coming from further afield to get their bearings.
See you there M8s.

Kettering GTG 2.jpg

Last edited:
Chaps, I would come if not for my 8 year old's rugby matches on Sunday mornings.

We play at Chobham until 12:00 then a 1.5/2 hour drive to Kettering will make it too late I think.

If you want a secure venue for the one after, we could do Cap Genini Ernst & Young in Woking (where I work). Good facilities, free drinks and close to the town centre for food and stuff.
It's a new building with loads of open air and underground car parking should the weather be bad.

We could call it the Southern region GTG. I reaise it would be no good for those of you n&orth of the midlands but perhaps you could arrange a Midlands & North region GTG.

Cheers guys.

P.S. Thinking about it, we could have a summer BBQ while we are at it and get George Fraser to brings some diagnostic testing kit down.

Just thinking out load :D

Last edited:
Originally posted by Fudger
If you want a secure venue for the one after, we could do Cap Genini Ernst & Young in Woking (where I work). Good facilities, free drinks and close to the town centre for food and stuff.
It's a new building with loads of open air and underground car parking should the weather be bad.

Just thinking out load :D

A shame you can't make it. Tell the kid he has to miss a week :p

You sure have room for it in your car park! I used to work opposite in one of the Offices along Church Street West in Woking.

I hope you have enjoyed the food in Sandie's Cafe.

Hi Graham, I was in Sandies last week for a double egg, ham and chips followed by steamed jam pud with custard :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Where are you based these days? Do you think Woking would be a good location for the southerners?

Cheers.

Hi Graham, I was in Sandies last week for a double egg, ham and chips followed by steamed jam pud with custard :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Where are you based these days? Do you think Woking would be a good location for the southerners?

Cheers.

Sandie's did nothing for my weight, but boy the food is good. Sandie is good entertainment too.

Our office relocated to Aylesbury and I live in Buckinghamshire too now.

Woking although not as close to home as it was, is accesible enough. I know where to go anyway!

Actually, I 2nd Fudger just so I can eat there again.

Fudger - does Adele the cute part time girl still work there?

Must admit to not noticing any 'cute' things at Sandies. There is an old dear that collects the plates and hands out the food. Probably Sandies mum; now she is 'cute' LOL.

Must admit to not noticing any 'cute' things at Sandies. There is an old dear that collects the plates and hands out the food. Probably Sandies mum; now she is 'cute' LOL.

I think she only used to work the college holidays. No NOT Sandies Mum!

3 weeks to go!

Refreshments

What is the general view on refreshments and food for the GTG?

Personally I think it would be better if I laid on some food, nothing fancy just some sausage rolls, sandwiches, crisps and cakes etc. Drinks will be available anyway, tea, coffee squash coke etc.

I have been to two big local pubs today and they are packed solid on Sundays and are reluctant to take a booking for 30+ people and would want a hefty deposit anyway.:(

Also I think the whole idea of a GTG is look at and talk about each others cars, sitting in a pub in little groups with the cars outside makes this a little difficult.:confused:

I dont mind providing the food, I will not be using any petrol money so I think it is only fair. Plus we have the room and facilities at work so I might as well use them.

It is up to you lot really, I am easy, this is just my idea, let me know what you think.

Jim,

Oh, seeing as I am the host;) I think it is only fair that the Wax Wizard uses my car as a demo:p (the whole car, not just the bonnet):bannana: :bannana:

Re: Refreshments

Originally posted by jimmy
What is the general view on refreshments and food for the GTG?

Personally I think it would be better if I laid on some food, nothing fancy just some sausage rolls, sandwiches, crisps and cakes etc. Drinks will be available anyway, tea, coffee squash coke etc.

I have been to two big local pubs today and they are packed solid on Sundays and are reluctant to take a booking for 30+ people and would want a hefty deposit anyway.:(

Also I think the whole idea of a GTG is look at and talk about each others cars, sitting in a pub in little groups with the cars outside makes this a little difficult.:confused:

I dont mind providing the food, I will not be using any petrol money so I think it is only fair. Plus we have the room and facilities at work so I might as well use them.

It is up to you lot really, I am easy, this is just my idea, let me know what you think.

Jim,

More generosity!

Agree with what you say and Sausage rolls and cakes get my vote :D :D

(Sounds like my sort of packed lunch ;) )

I seem to remember someone else feeding the 5000, but i'm not sure if he's got a Merc!!......lol

Jimmy that sounds great, thanks very much.

Ivote for sausage rolls etc, AND that we all chip in.:bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by jimmy
Oh, seeing as I am the host;) I think it is only fair that the Wax Wizard uses my car as a demo:p (the whole car, not just the bonnet):bannana: :bannana:

I reckon you'll need to get the Wax Wizard to do a second Vivianite car Jimmy... just so you can get a 2nd opinion, I've only your best interest at heart :p ;)

I also second Dave's idea, I don't mind chipping in for food, seems only fair to me. :bannana:

S.

I agree with chipping in for some grub :D

Anyone who has met me will know I like my food - so I'd better make a double contri !

Mark

How about everyone brings some food/drink with them ?

a couple of people could bring cheap BBQ's others could bring stuff to grill on said BBQ's and we're on our way

A few voulnteers for sausage rolls, sandwiches etc and the food quantity could grow very quickly without anyone spending a fortune

A few desserts and we are sorted !

Suggestions and offers please post below

Alternatively - ridicule and abuse re above post to [email protected] please :D :D

Mark

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by Mark300SL
How about everyone brings some food/drink with them ?

That was my Idea, you stole it from me today when we met! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounding good, folks.

I have an industrial sized barbie, half an oil drum, so that ones sorted.;)

Instead of a 'run wot you brung' how about a 'cook what you brung', :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom