MB Connect Me/A205 check brake pad wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EClassy

Car
A205 C200 Cabriolet AMG Line - Prem +, ILS, 360° camera, leather dash and Driving Assistance Pkg
Something interesting just happened. I'd imagine its beem around a while but I had no knowledge things now worked this way.

I picked up my A205 just under 2 months ago and I have done about 1300 miles in it. On Saturday evening, the message 'check brake pad wear' popped up on the dash.

Its a new car and regardless of my driving style which is reserved by the way, theres no way I have gone through brand new brake pads in 1300 miles.

I checked the car on Sunday and the message was still there so I knew it wasnt one of those ones that will disappear.

I bought the car far away from home due to discounts available but this morning I received a call from my local dealer about 5 miles from me telling me she had got a request asking to book my car in. I was quite taken aback as I had not told anyone about the warning message. When I enquired who she got the request from, she replied from the car itself.

Quite interesting what technology does these days. Is this the future here now? Does this also mean that if my car was stolen, Mercedes will always be able to know where it is as long as Connect Me is activated and connected?

Can't answer your question unfortunately, but crikey that seems to be an efficient system.

What I would find hard to reconcile is that you don't have a brake pad warning light on the dash also. I expect its some form of electrical glitch- if the car is under warranty does no harm to get it checked out- worn brake pads are a non warranty item but I'm sure at your car's mileage there's another problem. These car's have electronic parking brakes so this might be the source of the problem?

Don't know about your brake wear but my W205 C250d emailed me to tell me the battery wasn't performing well.
As it happens I had anticipated a problem and booked it in for a week hence.
Sure enough when it went in the battery was duff and replaced.
I was quite taken back to get the email though and I have said the car chats to me more frequently than the wife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom