• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MB Coventry

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
Avoid!

Went in today as in thinking going for something more modern.

C63 in there for sale W205 model and the guy couldn't have been more unhelpful and well, arrogant.

He had obviously sized me up when I walked in as being a pauper so chose not to help and just be rude.

After 5 minutes of talking to me another of his customers came in so he left me sat at his desk waiting for 15 minutes while he spoke to the other chap.

Then tried to convince me that his crappy PX offer was down to the fact that every MB they trade in goes to auction regardless of whether they can retail or not. He must have thought I'd just fallen off the funny farm bus.

Anyways MB Coventry you are the worst dealer I've been in so far!

What a great great shame.

Typical of many posts on here over the years.

Mercedes Benz Coventry you say. Perhaps google will seek out this thread if anyone googles Mercedes Benz Coventry in the very near future.

Let us know how your search for new wheels continue. "Appen we will see you in the Defectors Chapter on the forum very soon.

That's appalling mate. Unprofessional to say the least, never mind there are plenty of other dealerships.

Yeah exactly in not particularly bothered about changing but I just got that itch really.

He gave me a PX price for my car without even looking at his system or leaving his desk whilst slouched back his chair.

I was a little bit speechless which for me is a big thing lol!

His body language and posture just shows he is a complete ****, with a total lack of respect for anyone.

Happen he has sold enough cars this month to make his bonus. What a twonk.

There are some experienced salesmen around.

What I mean by that comment is I am in the market to change but it's got to be the right deal/car.

I certainly wouldn't spend my cash with an arrogant pig who makes judgements at face value, which he clearly did.

On the way back I popped into Cov BMW and a lovely f80 m3 is waiting there for me in the morning. Let's see if they are more prepared to cut a deal.

i had this when i was looking and thought **** em...ending up buying from scotland without even viewing

That's a shame because their parts department have been spot on over the past 5 years

That's a shame because their parts department have been spot on over the past 5 years

Was impressed with their stock I have to say some lovely cars. He did say they are not an AMG outlet so they don't really deal with AMG's and really could take or leave my car which I thought strange. He just kept telling me how great a price his c63 was. It must be given as it's been in stock for a good 3-4 months now as I've watched the price tumble :D

Their loss!

Similar story not a Mercedes Dealer.
Good mate of mine walked into a Renault Dealer back in 97
Wanted a price on the road of a Renault Spider
Salesman avoided him for a while and then eventually gave him a price.
Dressed in overalls and looked very out of place.
He went back in the next day with a Building society Cheque for that amount.
But made sure he went to the manager complained then gave him the Cheque.

You won't be able to leave the sound of the M156 for a BMW ( with the sound piped through the speakers)
Shame that Coventry were so poor.
My experience at both Newcastle (AMG dealer) and Sunderland have been spot on

On the way back I popped into Cov BMW and a lovely f80 m3 is waiting there for me in the morning. Let's see if they are more prepared to cut a deal.

Stuart, if I may say (and I believe we are good friends) that this comment seems a little petulant.

If you want a 205 AMG Why would you let a salesperson make you consider buying a different make of car all together? Just search for the 205 AMG elsewhere.

Your attitude seems to be like "I'm taking my ball home if you're gonna be like that Mr Merc!"

Just saying is it really worth cutting your nose off to spite your face? You've been very forthcoming with you adoration of your C63 on this forum. Why change to BMW because of one man? :dk:

Your ole mate Ant. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuart, if I may say (and I believe we are good friends) that this comment seems a little petulant.

If you want a 205 AMG Why would you let a salesperson make you consider buying a different make of car all together? Just search for the 205 AMG elsewhere.

Your attitude seems to be like "I'm taking my ball home if you're gonna be like that Mr Merc!"

Just saying is it really worth cutting your nose off to spite your face? You've been very forthcoming with you adoration of your C63 on this forum. Why change to BMW because of one man? :dk:

Your ole mate Ant. :thumb:

Lol sorry mate it did seem that petty yes. I'm not definitely having the f80 m3 it's just I've had a load of m3's and it would be rude not to compare the deals. Part of my decision process of a newer car is that I'm doing 5-600 miles a week now and the reality is as much as I absolutely love my car I'm getting grief at home for putting in 150 odd quid plus a week in petrol.

Seemingly the newer models are far more efficient. My other option is a might just keep mine and lease a cheapy for work. Just pains me to have the 63 sat in the garage all week when I'm smoking around in a 1.4 Audi lol!

Keep the 63 and slap a Supercharger on.....Get a 1.4 Audi for during the week and enjoy the power on a weekend.....happy days. Perfect man maths.

Just put aside about £15k for the conversion:D:wallbash:

Unfortunately for me in very, very poor :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom