• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MB Coventry

I feel so sorry for poor lil Stu with his C63. I'll bet he's been reduced to Pot Noodles for tea!

Ant.

I'm in Coventry at the minute seeing the missus for Valentine's, have to help her move tomorrow though :doh:

They not have anything decent there at all? Drove past the MB garage there earlier it's a Sytner one isn't it, I was staring thinking 'where are the Mercedes? it's full of bmws?' Then realising Sytner group also have BMW dealerships :fail:

I'm in Coventry at the minute seeing the missus for Valentine's, have to help her move tomorrow though :doh:

They not have anything decent there at all? Drove past the MB garage there earlier it's a Sytner one isn't it, I was staring thinking 'where are the Mercedes? it's full of bmws?' Then realising Sytner group also have BMW dealerships :fail:

MB Coventry is Inchcape and BMW is Sytner. :D

Same has happened to me on many occasion it takes me 15mins to get seen to by a salesman even when they are sitting around. They are usually patronising and treat me like a child (I'm 30 years old). One dealer even told me negotiating was considered bad manners in a Mercedes dealership....strange I know!!

Oh don't be so silly. :bannana:
Know wash your before dinner and have you done your homework?

I find dealers treat you as you treat them.

If you going looking to be treated badly, you often are.
My only pet hate is being ignored. Lexus have the whole experience sorted (IMHO) but just don't sell the cars I like.

My only pet hate is being ignored.

Personally I like to be left alone to browse. If and when I need help/assistance I'll ask someone.

I also hate being called Mr Barber when I introduce myself as Anthony or Tony. Makes me cringe.

I guess we're all different. Some like to be sucked up to. I hate it.

Ant.

Personally I like to be left alone to browse. If and when I need help/assistance I'll ask someone.

I also hate being called Mr Barber when I introduce myself as Anthony or Tony. Makes me cringe.

I guess we're all different. Some like to be sucked up to. I hate it.

Ant.

Agree hate being called sir and all that crap. Talk to me like a human being mate! :D

Best service I've had under car ownership so far was Audi but I think they do value their customers more and S and RS owners always get S and RS courtesy cars I experienced. Small things make big differences.

Interestingly I walk into Birmingham and they cannot help me enough. I've bought a few off them over the years. Tony Purslow in Guildford were great too!

Know wash your before dinner and have you done your homework?

I find dealers treat you as you treat them.

If you going looking to be treated badly, you often are.
My only pet hate is being ignored. Lexus have the whole experience sorted (IMHO) but just don't sell the cars I like.

Lexus have to compensate with something :D

I'd fall asleep in Lexus!

My neighbours just bought an ISF 5.0 jobby sound and looks very nice, I still wouldn't but he's a few years older than me lol

Few years back friend of mine went to his local dealership (BMW or Jaguar can't remember which one) and being the weekend was dressed in smart but casual jeans. He would not get any help from the sales staff as they all thought he was a time waster, in fact they did not even try calling his bluff and just ignored him and left him to look around. Eventually he called one over and said how much for one of those (pointing at one of the more expensive in the showroom) and the salesman smiled and said and how would you be paying for it sir? He replied either cash or via card (pulling out his Gold card) it's up to you. Well the salesman's attitude changed in an instant, offering drinks/biccies etc, another salesman came over and started kissing **** too.

The point is you shouldn't have to pull out you bank balance to get decent service from sales staff, If they are good, they should be able to sniff you out pretty quick

MB Coventry is my local dealer too and i coundnt agree more with your thoughts. I just tend to aviod them now unless i really need something. MB Birmingham on the other hand have always been really helpful when i've been.

It's the number one talent to have as a salesman; spot the serious buyers.

I am serious and I will be changing my car. Once the deal is right. I no longer just whip the card out and have my pants pulled down. Developer is making an assumption ;)

MB Coventry is my local dealer too and i coundnt agree more with your thoughts. I just tend to aviod them now unless i really need something. MB Birmingham on the other hand have always been really helpful when i've been.

Glad it's not just me. Sytner were very helpful today I have to say at BMW but spec isn't quite right on their car really. They have rung me on the way home. That's a dealer hungry for my business and somewhere id rather place my cash so let's see what they come up with.

I hardly ever just walk in to dealerships unless I'm just having a browse for ideas.

If I'm even half serious about any vehicle I call in advance or email for an appointment to discuss whatever I want to discuss. This always works and you are taken seriously.

The issues with wandering in looking for a deal or a drive is this is the MO of someone out for a Saturday afternoon jolly and in general, a timewaster.

Ring ahead next time, you'll be surprised how much difference it makes.

I hardly ever just walk in to dealerships unless I'm just having a browse for ideas.

If I'm even half serious about any vehicle I call in advance or email for an appointment to discuss whatever I want to discuss. This always works and you are taken seriously.

The issues with wandering in looking for a deal or a drive is this is the MO of someone out for a Saturday afternoon jolly and in general, a timewaster.

Ring ahead next time, you'll be surprised how much difference it makes.

Maybe so but its not something I've done before I just make my decision (usually after a few glasses of wine the night before) and go do it.

It's looking likely it will be an M3/4 now anyway as I've been out in one and had a really good poke around it today. The deal isn't there yet and BMW have already offered me £2500 more for my p/X than Coventry MB so that tells me what I need to know. Sod MB if they want to treat people like idiots!

I'm really angry about it as it's not as if I've pulled up in a Corsa to trade up to a C63. My exact words were. White C63 out there I want to buy it but need to talk numbers. I hadn't even asked to unlock the thing let alone drive it... Hardly going to be disappointed am I!

Last edited:
been reading up about the M3/M4. they have the following as standard equipment:

lithium ion battery
carbon fibre prop shaft and engine brace -- plus lots of chassis strengthening front and back to make sure car responds true, lots of aluminium components
19" forged alloy wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom