MB Dartford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgh

Car
E Class Cabriolet E220d 2020
So I Saw on my dash a warning this morning 'Parking Light, front left'.

I went into MB Dartford & was quoted £67.50 plus VAT for Labour, the actual bulb cost £1.74!!!

I bought the bulb but will be taking my business elsewhere!

If you really can't be bothered doing it ; Halfords would probably charge about a tenner , plus the lamp .

Bentley want 80 quid for a numberplate bulb change. Changing a headlight bulb requires many bits to be removed first and not something you can diy. Makes a mockery of the French rule about carrying a spare bulb kit.

If you can't be bothered to do it yourself you deserve to be charged that amount.

My sister had a old tigra

I tried to change a headlight bulb and gave up
My dad tried , her boyfriend tried, her workmates tried

The boy from halfords did it after 2 hours and a pint of blood and required stitches all for £2.99 !

I know from bitter experience on my C55 headlight bulbs are easiest changed by removing the bumper as are the fog light bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

If you can't be bothered to do it yourself you deserve to be charged that amount.
Have you ever changed a headlamp, sidelamp or front indicator bulb on an R171 SLK? If so, you would know that the only way to do it is to remove the wheel arch liner, which the OP may or may not be comfortable to do. I think half an hour labour is a bit excessive, but it's not as simple as popping the bonnet and swapping the bulb either.

If it's a straightforward job the handbook will tell you how to change the bulb.

If it's not in there (e.g. front fog light etc.) you might want to pay someone else to do it.

Some of them arent easy at all..

We often get walk in customers for bulbs, ill normally offer to fit the bulb... Ive been caught out a couple of times... Subaru somethingorother... the whole headlamp had to be removed.

She got her £4.99's worth.

Bentley want 80 quid for a numberplate bulb change. Changing a headlight bulb requires many bits to be removed first and not something you can diy. Makes a mockery of the French rule about carrying a spare bulb kit.

Hahaha, this is so true. I can't see people dissecting the whole front end of their car just to change a bulb on the side of the motorway.

Governments are so dumb and clueless at best of times.

Some of them arent easy at all..

We often get walk in customers for bulbs, ill normally offer to fit the bulb... Ive been caught out a couple of times... Subaru somethingorother... the whole headlamp had to be removed.

She got her £4.99's worth.

Yup Range Rover should be the same... Halfords weren't happy with a screw that was slightly rounded and the guy virtually dislocated his hand to get the bulb in. Your not meant to be able to do that!

It's ridiculous that cars are manufactured in such a way that a simple task like a bulb change is not possible, surely there should be some government legislation to ensure this isn't the case under construction and use laws.

It's ridiculous that cars are manufactured in such a way that a simple task like a bulb change is not possible, surely there should be some government legislation to ensure this isn't the case under construction and use laws.

Quite agree. Time to bring it to their attention?

Transport Secretary - Rt Hon Patrick McLoughlin MP - UK Parliament

Can't find the Eu twit as easily though.:fail

Getting someone from work show me how to do it, so I'll know for future reference

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom