MB Dealers around London/Essex Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donshl

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG
Hi All,

Just yesterday I noticed that my next service (Service A) is due in 208 Miles. The car was last serviced in Feb 2011(iirc) with a MB dealer and that was before I purchased it. It also has full MB service history.

Since this will be my first service, I plan to take to take it to a dealer and am ready for :eek: Could anyone recommend a good dealer around London? The nearest one is in Stratford and the other one is near Lakeside.

Also the last time the plugs were changed was in 2010 (approx 11k miles ago) does this mean I need to change the plugs again? Would rather get that done at an indie

Cheers,
Don

Get quotes from dartford and orpington you are quite local to both - no your plugs do not need to be done.

Just been quoted £879 for (from Dartford):

Oil change £275
Transmission Fluid change £296
Brake Fluid £175
Combi filter and air Filter £133

Orpington are normally cheaper - supply your own oil it will be a lot cheaper.

Orpington £1182 :eek: Waiting for them to call back for a price with Oil supplied

I had this once with them and after a few days they called me back and offered a cheaper rate - tell them the dartford price and ask if they will beat it ?

How old is the car and is it worth having the work completed at a main dealer. You could probably save at least £200 if not more.

give colchester a call, say you will supply your own oil, it will be worth the drive up.

make sure you ask for a loan car whilst yours is being serviced.

It's Nov 2005, so a bit old, the only reason I'm going with main dealer is that the alloys have developed some oxidisation near the centre cap. They have been replace once before by MB as part of the anti-perforation guarantee so wanted to get it checked out.

Will tell them that Dartford quoted £879 when they call back. Will give Colchester a try as well.

Got 4L of Mobil's finest 0W40 in the boot after topping up by 1l recently. So if I buy another 5L from Costco will that be enough?

Colchester seems to be the cheapest, supplying my own oil would get me a reduction of £120, not bad considering 5L at Costco costs £30 inc VAT

Excluding oil ?

Yes, excluding oil. Sorry should have said this in the earlier post

Yes, quite close to Dartford prices, ~ £50 cheaper. I only asked about the discount for the engine oil as I'm not sure which oil to get for the transmission.

The_Don have you had any work done from the Dartford dealer?

I need to check carefully what has been done last year as there's a service stamp on the book, I might just get away with an oil change :D and save up for next year.

Hi yes not the best of service i prefer orpington ask them to match the price ?

This will tell you what needs doing in your service - take off any extras that were done in the last service

Mercedes-Benz ESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom