MB Direct Warrenty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d8ean

guys,

50/50 im buying a sl55 from mb direct, its a 55 plate car, one owner plus mb reading FMBSH, what kind of warrenty does it come with? i know its a 1 year one, but are there different levels of warrenty?

main concern is buying it a say 3 months later the suspenion packs up... who's picking up the bill?

tia

You will because it will be classed as wear and tear,any warranties will only cover mechanical failures.

You will because it will be classed as wear and tear,any warranties will only cover mechanical failures.

hmm,

back in 04 i had a cl500, came out to find the car litrally collapsed on the drive, needed the suspension sorting..... mb done the job because it was under warrenty, cost me nothing.

would it different because im 3rd owner / from mb direct or bascially its at the descretion of the dealer?? maybe i could push for a good will gesture?

cheers

The vehicle is coming up for 5 years old and will only be covered for mechanical failures,get a copy of the warranty conditions and check it out,also get a copy of the PDI check list that they've done on the car(they don't like to issue these as it says they've checked what is ticked)The tier of warranty will be based on age and mileage and service history of the vehicle,MB generally offer a fair amount of good will with their warranties,but get a copy of the conditions and have a read.

thanks for that, another point for the list! pdi check list

Hi if the car has done less than 60,000 ask them for a tier 1 MB extended warranty that will cover any thing that the original MB factory warranty did i have a tier 1 and thay have changed a strut and a valve block and a SAM UNIT free of charge it also covers things like command what it wont cover is the roof and boot seals

Regards Mike

cheers guys, some good reading to be done...
hope the ice clears up before sat so i can give it a proper test drive!!

as said above, all depends on milage, if over 60K then only tier 2 will be given, if under, ASK them for tier1

as said above, all depends on milage, if over 60K then only tier 2 will be given, if under, ASK them for tier1

According to the MB site linked above it's 100k miles.

Used to be 60k miles for Tier 1, but as above it seems to be 100k now.

When I had Tier 1 on the SL it even covered punctures!

Tier 1 is excellent - I recall reading the page above provided by raymont some time back - when I was unsure if Tier 1 had been uplifted to 100,000 miles. I asked at the dealer back then, and they said not. Doesn't mean it hasn't though. I personally think that's a typo. Tier 1 is very comprehensive for 100,000 miles!!

As BTB500 says, its changed.... recently by the looks of it! when i got my warrenty stuff through on miine it said after 60K its tier 2.

just rang them to confirm 100K, changed from 2010!

That's superb. I may well be enquire about a price.

I've had several Tier 1 and a Tier 2 but this year went with Tesco - Tier 2 costs as much as Tier 1 but with less cover (offsets greater risk of failure I guess).

I've heard Tesco have pulled out now, so I'll be shopping around again in a few months.

Enquired price for mine its £1,119 tier one for the year with no excess.
Price comes down if by the excess amount you raise the excess to either £100 or £250

So they expect you to make one claim a year based on there pricing.
Obviously you also need to have the car serviced at a MB dealer, so servicing costs will also increase.

Last edited:
guys,

50/50 im buying a sl55 from mb direct, its a 55 plate car, one owner plus mb reading FMBSH, what kind of warrenty does it come with? i know its a 1 year one, but are there different levels of warrenty?

main concern is buying it a say 3 months later the suspenion packs up... who's picking up the bill?

tia
I would recommend you ensure that you have tier 1 warrenty at minimum, my own E55 engine was recently replaced at 23K miles, (under warrenty),at a cost of 23.5K, then followed by a month of in and out of MB, with this that and other replaced, all under warrenty, god knows what it all cost. My own cars fine now, but will never let this warrenty slip while I own it. I also brought my car from MB direct, I would warn you, that their reputation for sales car prep and after sales are a little to be desired. Not to be a jonah on this subject, I know of another E55 and an SL55 that both required new engines at young miles. They are great engines, as we all know, but if you are unlucky, 0uch! get the warrenty its worth the peace of mind.

I would recommend you ensure that you have tier 1 warrenty at minimum, my own E55 engine was recently replaced at 23K miles, (under warrenty),at a cost of 23.5K, then followed by a month of in and out of MB, with this that and other replaced, all under warrenty, god knows what it all cost. My own cars fine now, but will never let this warrenty slip while I own it. I also brought my car from MB direct, I would warn you, that their reputation for sales car prep and after sales are a little to be desired. Not to be a jonah on this subject, I know of another E55 and an SL55 that both required new engines at young miles. They are great engines, as we all know, but if you are unlucky, 0uch! get the warrenty its worth the peace of mind.

thanks for the heads up, i'll be going through this car with a fine tooth comb, helps that i used to own one a few years back so i kinda know how they drive sound, what all the bits n bobs do!

if they dont offer me a decent / T1 warrenty - im walking....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom