MB E280 CDI '55 won't rev over 1500 rpms (2359 error code)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g naza

Car
'55 W211 E280 CDI
Hello All. I am hoping someone came across the same problem in the past and will help.

Bought the car back in December and it was fine for the first few weeks. Then one day when accelerating on cold engine it jerked a few times. I reduced the throttle and it was fine again. Few days after the same thing happened, however this time it wen't into limp mode. Had codes read and it came back with the following:

0105-002 CHARGE PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL VOLTAGE LOW
2359-001 CHARGE PRESSURE CONTROL. TOO LOW BOOST PRESSURE.

Changed the MAP sensor and no change. The car was still accelerating pretty good but was now jerky on harder acceleration every time. Had it connected to a STAR machine and error codes cleared. After this the car became even worse: won't rev past 1500 rpm and makes an up and down pitch sound as if those were engines max rpms (like petrol engines do when you rev them up to the max)... The turbo then was changed, swirl flaps motor changed, manifold removed and swirl flaps inspected/cleaned. Air pressure test was also performed and exhaust checked with no issues revealed. None of this made any improvement. The engine still won't go past 1500 rpms. The mechanic did notice that egr valve isn't moving at all - I have ordered a new one and will be replacing mid week hoping it will sort the problem out. But if it doesn't I am out of ideas hence posting on here and hoping someone can shed some light on what the problem may be. Thanks in advance.

Both turbo and the actuator have been replaced

You have to check air pipes because of a split or damage somewhere.

Appreciate the advice but gas leak test has already been performed and no problems were found.

Anything, anyone?

The new one has been installed already. I m leaning towards EGR at the moment...

In case anyone has the same problem in the future 1500 rpm limit was caused by exhaust back pressure sensors.

Does you r car has dpf?

Hi. Not sure, I think it does have it being newer 280cdi engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom