MB Edgware Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

MB Enthusiast
Car
2000 SL500, 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10 diesel
For those of you in NW London....I was in MB Edgware Rd (Colindale) on Saturday. One of the guys in the parts dept told me that the site was being sold and would be empty by Dec-04.
The dealership is not moving. Coverage will be provided by MB Watford, Harrow and a new dealership opening at the O2 Centre on Finchley Rd.

But there is already a dealership on the Finchley Road about 200mtrs from the o2 site. Crazy people man :confused: :confused:

The one that used to be Alan Day........... Maybe that is the one that the guy at Colindale was referring to.

The old Alan Day site is now run by Mercedes and is now Swiss cottage.
As for Edgware road , they are nt closing but redeveloping the site from Dec 04 onwards.

The guy at Edgware rd said that the site was being closed as an MB dealership

Hi,

The site is being developed for Commercials only, and the servicing has and will be passed to North Harrow

:bannana:

Well I never, practicly the rudest garage in NW london is closing. My Mum called out mobi life, they came made her pay and said to go to the garage and they would ring and claim from Mercedes for. When she went some stupid f***ing b**ch on the service desk had a go saying heres the phone ring your self. They are the biggest scum bags to deal with, it's not only my parents that have had a problem heard one guy say he was speaking to a solicitor because of how bad him and his wife were treated by them!

Has anyone here had a really bad experience there?

No I haven't had A really bad experience there. I'VE HAD LOTS OF THEM. :mad:

Letter from MBUK (Maastricht??) today - We are extremely sorry that your experience of MB has not met your expectations....

Mercedes Lover, you are much to nice about them.

I would never use Edgeware Road due to the rudness and bad attitude from one of their Salesman when enquiring for best price of car when phoning around for best deal. He did not like fact that I had more knowledge then him and he refused to even quote me for a price and told me to go else where to another Stealer!!!

There is also a Dealership Group in Berkshire that I will never ever use due to their incompetence and ability to look after customer vehicles without causing damage (from my personal experience anyway) and I have heard plenty from others too!!!

Well, when I first posted, I wasn't going to pass judgement, but seeing as everyone else has I will add my contribution:
No Great Loss - though there are some individuals in the parts dept who are prepared to go out of their way to assist, overall they are unpleasant to deal with.
My latest and last experience of this was that I bought a £12 AMG keyring with a black chrome finish. The finish wore off within a week and when I took it back for a refund I ended up having a 30 minute heated discussion with a "manager" who wouldn't agree.
I got my refund in the end but the guy just couldn't understand that if a business is not prepared to be reasonable over something costing £12, what confidence could a customer have in buying a car costing many thousands...........just stupid.

MB UK don't rock

MB were buying my A Class from me. There's a known fault in the steering column and my car was 1.5 months out of warranty - would MB cover it? Nope. They wanted me to get the fault fixed before they would buy the car, so their initial offer was suddenly reduced by £600 (then they offered to repair it for £300), work that really should have been done at MB's expense under warranty. :confused:

I took the car away - I'd rather sell it privately than let them profit from my car - its left a lousy taste in my mouth and the way I'm feeling at the moment, its the last Daimler Chrysler car I'll buy.
:mad:

yes... another bad experience

Took my sisters car to Edgware Road to have it checked for a gearbox problem, i pre booked the appointment, handed the car to them and said you have a test drive of it, after 3 days an engineer claimed to have test driven it and found no fault. I was charged £58 for them to have a look, disputed it - , but they wouldn't release the car till i paid... had no choice but to pay as my sister needed it back asap... drove it back home pissed off... and yep, 2 miles down the road the gearbox failed and i needed the AA to recover the car..... took another 4 weeks of writing letters to recover the £58. I made sure that the car wasn't sent back to them for repair. They were/are a rude bunch of twats. I've noticed this with a lot of London dealership... not just mercedes. T

he service at Edgare Road Vauxhall was also just as bad. The dealerships outside London are far better. When i went to the BMW dealership in Warwick, the labour was better on servicing, the car was cleaned inside and out, they checked anything that concerned me with a full report at no cost, spent time explaining everything, charged far less and left a rub of sweets in the centre armrest.... How nice :) But Chiswick BMW on the otherhand were USELESS.

I think that's a good point about london dealerships, Ford Edgware road is also terrible, I had a lots of problems with them and the garage that should get the award for the worst garage in the world Colindale VW edgware rd. My parents had no end of problems with them. Have spoke to others that had loads of problems with that garage as well. The mercedes garage I bought my car at out of london the service was fantastic, they were so polite and spoke to you like your valued customer :) not like a lump of sh**! :mad:

Just been speaking to the new service manager, Barry James, at Colindale.

Firstly I must say WHAT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE IT WAS. A nice guy. Going in tomorrow morning to go over the car with him. After my unresolved tales of woe, I hope I can now move forward and get my car sorted.

I asked & he replied.
Colindale isn't closing.
Trucks are moving OFF the site.
It is likely that there will be a major redevelopment of the site to bring the showroom closer to the frontage with the Edgware Road.

sounds like good news. I stand corrected. But just goes to show that most of what you hear from the guys in the parts dept is rubbish!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom