MB Extended Warranties no more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobbyHowie

Car
2004 SL500, 2007 R350 Sport LWB
Just picked up my SL from my dealer after its service. They very nicely informed me the brake pads should be renewed in May before my extended warranty expires. Told them I'd be renewing it again and that it could wait but they told me MB are no longer offering it - just a service and parts package. So I'll be taking it in in May then!

MY SL's coming up on 6 years and my R on 3 years - where can I find a good warranty package?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

Don't understand the post - brake pads wouldn't be covered by warranty.

Maybe MB don't offer warranty on cars more than 6years old.

Are you talking about ServicePlus? MB don't offer than anymore but it only went to 6yrs old anyway.

unless bobbie is talking about service plus or something?

Yep sounds like Service Plus to me too. Great that was too...

I called them yesterday to check to ask if they would contact me as my car is now 34 months old.

No problems and yes, they would be in touch about extending my warranty.

Anyone know how they price them? Is it model specific?

Just bought a 12 month Tier 1 warranty for my C55. No suggestions from them that I couldn't do this...

Don't understand the post - brake pads wouldn't be covered by warranty.

Maybe MB don't offer warranty on cars more than 6years old.

Are you talking about ServicePlus? MB don't offer than anymore but it only went to 6yrs old anyway.

Didn't think the brake pads would be covered but yup. Must check my docs to see if it is ServicePlus. They didn't say anything about an age-limit? I'll also be interested to see if they offer an extended warranty for the R come March 1st.

Been looking around and www.WarrantyDirect.co.uk offer a good warranty for £660 and the R for £475.

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom