MB First Timer - Where's the stuff at?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dtorbett

Car
W203 200 Komp Eleg
All,
Been reading through the forums now for a month or so (top site btw) and just bought my first MB - c class 200 comp w203 which i am most impressed with (even if it did come ~150 in the Top Gear 2005 survey!).
Now that I have the car, I'm looking to spend some (more) money on it!
Problem is I can't seem to find any sites which sell official MB bits n pieces (other that EBay).
My first purchases will probably be boring old floor mats and mud guards, moving on to an audio upgrade of some sort later (get rid of the completely redundant tape drive in the audio 10 unit!). I'd also consider digitising my climate control at some point. Will be trying to avoid death by chrome but may consider upping the alloy size as well.
Any tips/advice on best places to buy would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
DT

You can get both mats and mud guards of ebay, but you maybe better of getting them from the stealer.

My mud gurds set me back £50 and i see the mats go for around £25 on ebay, but when postage is added to the cost of the auction, makes it looks a lot less a bargain.

Happy hunting and remember, you must buy the chrome pedals! bargain at £25 or so!

Lightning response!
Haven't been to the stealers yet so didn't have anything to relate to price wise etc!
Is there such a thing as a price list URL'd anywhere? I do fancy the pedels I must admit. Need to space out the purchases though or the misses will moan about me spending more on the car than her. :D
Thanks for the info.

I know what you mean!

I went a year before i started to do mods to mine. Started with a new set of wheels but i have had a bumpy ride with my 203.. how much bad luck can a man have!

Not sure about a url but if you list a partnumber or what you want, i am sure someone will help out!

don't mess with the climate air con. mine went wrong and cost M B close to £3,000 to put right. dash has to come out about 11.5 hrs lab.

good luck with your car and make sure you have a g/tee

Mayo

c270 cdi elegance auto estate

Mud flaps are always a good idea, the main dealer is definitely in my opinion your first port of call. The prices are not over the top and you get the genuine article that you know will fit.

Good luck with the car and all the future modifications.

Regards,
John

Thanks Everyone. Been out cleaning and polishing today and she's looking good (she did until the frost came down at least!). A couple of scratches are showing and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the coloured waxes that promise to hide some of these. The car is Jasper Blue.
I'll head to the stealers for the mud guards and may enquire about the floor mats and chrome pedals when I'm there.
Question, some pedal sets have a foot rest included, however I just have the carpet over the foot rest at the mo (auto).
Are the screw holes behind this? Or does not all models have this as a fittable option without drills and/or super glue :)

Never has much success with coloured waxes. You dont specify whether or not the scratches are 'poliching swirls' or true scrathes - clearly the former are easier to deal with.

Most of the pro detailers have a swirl removing tecchnique so it can be done - there is a how to sticky on the bodywork section which is excellent.

And welcome and good luck with the mods.

Not exactly handy for you being a few hundred miles away from me, but the guy who does non-bodyshop paintwork out the back of his van at my local MB dealer charged £50 plus VAT to polish out a scratch the full length of my wifes car - and that included coming out to my house (say 10 miles from dealer). Far to deep for me to have done by hand, and the scratch had gone after 10 minutes wizzardary.

Maybe your MB dealer has someone similar they use? Might be worth asking the question, or trying one of the ChipsAway type outfits to see what they say. I was pleasantly surprised by the cost so maybe worth a go?

HTH

These are not swirls, but full on scrathes, one on the roof (how the hell?!).
I have the name of a "back of van mb man" from one of the stealers up here (gifnock) so first time I'm using him, I'll ask and see if he can offer anything.
Also, mayo, thanks for the tip. will leave the climate controls as is. It's growing on me (a bit) anyway. The cassette just has to go though! And a g/tee = ?

I bought a brand new Becker head unit off ebay for peanuts (old stock). Looks like the car came from the factory with it, but sounds great. Worth a look around. Also fitted to Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, so it's in good company!! ;)

The same design can be had with satnav built in for not much more.

Worth a look. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom