MB Hamilton & free MOT's for life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rf065

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
March 2010 I received an e-mail from [email protected] offering free MOT's & health checks for life or as long as you own your Mercedes. All that was required was to reply to the e-mail to register your car and nominate your nearest dealer.

Last week I phoned MB Hamilton who knew nothing of this offer and said they don't do free MOT's. I e-mailed louise.warren to express my dissapointment at being offered free MOT's for life which did not exist. Never did get a reply though.

Anyway, Kwikfit were doing MOT's for £30 so booked it in with them & it failed on the nearside tie rod/ball joint having too much play. I phoned MB Hamilton who said they would phone me back with a price, but never did.

Mercedes Customer Service? Rubbish more like! :dk:

Russ

Gatwick mercedes (part of Lookers Group) offer free MOT at time of a service on older cars. At least they did last time ours was serviced. MOT not done in house so as far as I am aware no incentive to find "problems".

A local dealer used to do free MOTs (even if the visit was just for the MOT) but stopped a few years ago when the two Service Advisor(s) left at the same time.

Sadly a lot of business left at the same time - a shame because there are still good people their in sales, parts, and reception, but their ramps are empty.

Neighbouring dealer in the same group don't do free MOTs either but are significantly cheaper, and service advisors much better.

March 2010 I received an e-mail from [email protected] offering free MOT's & health checks for life or as long as you own your Mercedes. All that was required was to reply to the e-mail to register your car and nominate your nearest dealer.

Last week I phoned MB Hamilton who knew nothing of this offer and said they don't do free MOT's. I e-mailed louise.warren to express my dissapointment at being offered free MOT's for life which did not exist. Never did get a reply though.

Anyway, Kwikfit were doing MOT's for £30 so booked it in with them & it failed on the nearside tie rod/ball joint having too much play. I phoned MB Hamilton who said they would phone me back with a price, but never did.

Mercedes Customer Service? Rubbish more like! :dk:

Russ

Nothing changes, does it? There's such a huge disconnect between the wonderful ideas of the people in the ivory towers and the people on the ground.

There are details of the free MOT, and a picture of Louise, in the Stratstone newsletter: http://rsi-cda.mercedes-benz.com/co...ct-Single-MEDIA.tmp/Stratstone Newsletter.pdf

And MB Hamilton are part of the Stratstone group too! :wallbash:

Yes - I thought that was the obvious flaw in your post so was quite bemused to find they were part of the group.

Drop an email to the Stratstone group CEO's office. That should provoke a response.

Yes - I thought that was the obvious flaw in your post so was quite bemused to find they were part of the group.

Drop an email to the Stratstone group CEO's office. That should provoke a response.

They might ban me for life from their dealerships knowing them! :ban:

Russ

In that case you've got JR Weir in Grangemouth , Glen Henderson in Ayr and a couple more not much further away in Perth or Edinburgh .

Did you register your car with them Russ ?

Did you register your car with them Russ ?

Yep, registered in March as soon as I got the E-mail offer. Told them the date my MOT was due & my nearest dealer.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom