MB indy near Basingstoke Hampshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave_Bax

Car
CLK320
Has anyone had any experiance with Pro-tech in kingsclere near newbury, as they are a very local MB indy to me.

Failing that do any of you guys recommend or have experiance of any other local independants, or the Basingstoke MB dealership for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know Pro-tech. Basingstoke MB is part of Tony Purslow, and from my experience are OK. You are also within reach of Horndean and Olly at PCS - highly recommended indy on here, prob about 40 miles from Kingsclere.

If I were You I'd head on down to Olly at PCS good honest service and advice at a reasonable price.
A lot of the forum members travel further than you would and always return for their next service :thumb:

Has anyone had any experiance with Pro-tech in kingsclere near newbury, as they are a very local MB indy to me.

Failing that do any of you guys recommend or have experiance of any other local independants, or the Basingstoke MB dealership for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

Pro-tech have been around for some time and are very well regarded.

if i were you i'd head on down to olly at pcs good honest service and advice at a reasonable price.
A lot of the forum members travel further than you would and always return for their next service :thumb:

+1

I've been using Pro-tech for years now - after Purslow's, who I'd had my ancient W210 serviced with for some years, couldn't be bothered to talk to MB on my behalf about the rust. Darren at Pro-tech suggested I take it to the Newbury dealership and they, despite the fact that I'd never once set foot in their door before, thoroughly inspected the car and got MB to agree a goodwill paymnet for the majority of the cost of repairs (new doors, wings, rear arches and tailgate and a bonnet respray).

So ever since its been Pro-tech for my car - and how refreshing it is to go to an Indie that knows what needs doing and what doesn't, and will do a good job at reasonable rates. Indie's like this need to be supported and used!

Your timing is perfect 24VRT. I have just recieved a call back from Darren at Pro Tech who was extremly helpfull, I had enquired about CLK service costs but I also enquired about giving the vehicle an inspection which he was happy to do for an hours labour. He also gave me some very good advice and has certainly left me with a good impression.

I travel from Bedfordshire to PCS! Well worth the trip! :)

Our 124 comes from Italy to see Olly at PCS. Well it needs to come back for an MOT so we combine it with a trip for a service at PCS. Well worth it.

Just a quick update:
I took my (new to me) CLK into Pro-Tech today for an inspection and aircon service. Darren was very helpfull they took a lot of time to explain what they were doing, what they did and also some tips and advice.
So far so good, almost made parting with my cash worthwhile. I will be going back for sure.

Thanks for the praise gents. It is genuinely heart warming.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I've used Pro-Tech at Kingsclere, very knowledgeable and efficient.
Protech | User | Home

Indeed. I almost feel guilty for going somewhere else ;)

So you should do ;) Support the MB Club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom