MB iPod Interface vs Dension Gateway 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sooty_uk

Car
CLK W209 220 CDi Avantgarde
I currently have a factory fitted iPod Interface in my W209 CLK.
I find that although the sound quality is great the volume level is not as loud as I would like it to be.

I have tried the Mercedes iPod Amplifier for the interface and it increases the volume quite a bit but find I loose quality and the sound distorts, I have played around with it for quite some time and know this option is now out of the question.

I was thinking of changing the genuine iPod interface with a Dension Gateway 500 and was wondering if anyone had any views on the sound quality of the Dension. I have used Dension in my old Audi and found it to be excellent.

I know that MCar is also an option but really I would prefer something I can take out and use on another car should I change mine in the future.

What do you lot think?

I am only wanting to change it because I want to add a amp & sub and I don't think the genuine kit reaches the desired volume I am looking for.

Just to add I am thinking of the full version of the Gateway 500.

I have the audio 20 head unit and know I can use the Lite version however I want the Bluetooth option also

The mCar does give the best sound quality of all the aftermarket systems available it truely is fantastic.

The Dension GW500S is also very good. In our opinion its a very good product that offers the same connectivity as the mCar although the sound quality in our opinion isnt quite as good. That said, im sure you wont be disappointed with the Dension. As you say it has the nice feature that it can be subsequently deployed into a VW, Audi or a Porsche.

We would be happy to offer either (competitively). ;)

The mCar does give the best sound quality of all the aftermarket systems available it truely is fantastic.

The Dension GW500S is also very good. In our opinion its a very good product that offers the same connectivity as the mCar although the sound quality in our opinion isnt quite as good. That said, im sure you wont be disappointed with the Dension. As you say it has the nice feature that it can be subsequently deployed into a VW, Audi or a Porsche.

We would be happy to offer either (competitively). ;)

Thanks guys, I am hoping to get the amp and sub installed by yourselves anyway once I have upgraded the iPod kit.

I can get the full version of the Dension Gateway 500 + the bluetooth unit for just under £360 online... I don't suppose you could match this offer? I am happy to collect and pay cash too.

I don't have a CD Changer installed so guess it would right to think that I need to the the MOST enabled for get the Dension working?
I know you have already enabled the phone buttons so they work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom