MB Keyless security question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
been trying to get into the habit of double locking to switch keyless off.

Does not always work. Sometimes the double lock does not result in the long red light signal. Thought it should do every time

been trying to get into the habit of double locking to switch keyless off.

Does not always work. Sometimes the double lock does not result in the long red light signal. Thought it should do every time
Try changing the batteries in the fob.

Well these thieves only want high value new cars,so many here are working themselves up for no reason,my car is in no danger of having a thief trying to steal it,if I had a a car they did want to steal I would pay the extra £400 and have Ghost fitted and then make certain my home was secure which does not cost much,plus keep the keys in a area well away from the road possibly in a protective wallet.

Whilst I do tend to agree with that sentiment on the whole, sadly, there are plenty of recidivists out there who would, by their own admission, be prepared to kill in order to steal a vehicle they want, and not even a high-value one either. How much of the statement made by the scum was bravado, only they know, but ultimately, for a possession, is it really worth it to risk that? Let them have it with no risk to ones health. It isn't 'just', but it is practical. I'm a believer in fit punishment. If a thief is prepared kill to get what they want, then once caught, i think they should be prepared to die for their crime. It'll never happen though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well these thieves only want high value new cars,so many here are working themselves up for no reason,my car is in no danger of having a thief trying to steal it,if I had a a car they did want to steal I would pay the extra £400 and have Ghost fitted and then make certain my home was secure which does not cost much,plus keep the keys in a area well away from the road possibly in a protective wallet.
However secure you think your home is, believe me if someone wants your keys, then they will get them. And when they get them, and they find there's a ghost fitted, then best not be around to gloat.

Don't ask me to elaborate as I won't, but believe me, people who do this stuff have very good memories. It's their life and their business. If they want to, they will come back.

Can't we just shoot the thieves ? would solve many problems ...if it's not one thing it's another..

Can't we just shoot the thieves ? would solve many problems ...if it's not one thing it's another..
Not in the UK. If you shoot or assault somebody that isn't armed and threatening your life, then it's you that ends up in big trouble.

We'd all like to think we could win out by bashing the burglar with convenient baseball bat or using that shotgun (that isn't supposed to be loaded except for when being legally used) that just happened to be at hand, but the reality is very different. For the burglar, being in someone else's house expecting and ready for possibly violent confrontation is their normality. They are ready to deal with it.

For most of the rest of us, an encounter with a burglar in our house or being confronted by someone trying to steal our car doesn't thankfully happen at all during our lifetime. In general we are not ready to deal with this sort of event.

Not in the UK. If you shoot or assault somebody that isn't armed and threatening your life, then it's you that ends up in big trouble.

How do you know if they are armed or not when they come into *your* house unannounced in the middle of the night?

You have the right to protect yourself, your family and your property.

It’s when you chase them down the road with a bat that you get in trouble.

How do you know if they are armed or not when they come into *your* house unannounced in the middle of the night?

You have the right to protect yourself, your family and your property.

It’s when you chase them down the road with a bat that you get in trouble.
You may well be correct, I don't know. As far as knew, outside of those defined in Magna Carta we have precious few actual rights in this country.

You may well be correct, I don't know. As far as knew, outside of those defined in Magna Carta we have precious few actual rights in this country.

The laws were softened up a few years ago...
Q and A: Self defence and burglars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom