MB Latest Recall.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter103

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 350 Bluetec Prem+Coupe.
Just had a call from dealers to book in my E 350 CDI for the recall, said it would take up to an hour, think it's to do with the airbag/fuse? Booked for 19th Feb. Anyone else had a call yet?

Nope, I have a 2016 E350.

The recall has been out for a while so surprised if mine needs doing that I have not heard anything.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had mine done the other week, as it was in there getting something else fixed, and I received the recall letter around Christmas. In some cases the drivers airbag can go off (tiny chance of it happening) but if the airbag warning light goes on the instrument cluster whilst you're driving, get to an MB dealer immediately or call out MB Assist

Find out 100% what the recall is about. Airbag going off in your face is no fun. Ask me how I know.

Actually 7 of them went off, but I walked away.

Had a recall on my old bmw and it was down to the fact you could get peppered with small parts of metal from it when it goes pop on driver and passenger side so worth finding out if something similar other wise could end up like Freddie Kruger

Haven’t logged into here for quite a while, but would appreciate your thoughts on this....

I received my recall letter for my 2012 AMG Sport Plus. Not had an issue with it since I bought it from new. Booked it in for the recall and got it back. No issues other than some strange noises coming from the cowling when turning fullish lock left or right. Sounded like the cowling was rubbing. Mildly annoying, but not bad enough for me to do anything about it. Weeks pass until....a couple of days ago, the drivers airbag warning goes off. I immediately cease use of the vehicle for fear of what might happen. Gets lifted to the dealership. I had a phone call today saying the steering column control unit was shot and the cost of replacement is £650! Call me cynical, but has anyone else had this issue after the recall mod? All sounds very iffy to me, but I have no proof that the two issues are related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom