Mb Manchester closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stubax

Car
GLC250
Whilst in MB Stockport I picked up that the Manchester dealership had closed, a quick Google confirmed the fact. Don't know the reasoning behind the closure but as it was close to City's ground has the planned developments forced the issue? Seems strange to leave Manchester with no central presence, just dealers in Stockport, Whitefield, Macclesfield, and Bolton.

Whilst in MB Stockport I picked up that the Manchester dealership had closed, a quick Google confirmed the fact. Don't know the reasoning behind the closure but as it was close to City's ground has the planned developments forced the issue? Seems strange to leave Manchester with no central presence, just dealers in Stockport, Whitefield, Macclesfield, and Bolton.
LSH did the same in Birmingham too. They still have the Erdington site which is still in Birmingham but it’s some miles out from the city centre. Erdington had received some significant investment prior to Central being closed.

I’m told that being outside of the emissions zone was the reason for moving further out. Could that be the case for Manchester too? Similarly, I seem to remember LSH invested a lot into their Stockport site in recent years.

Stockport is the biggest Mercedes dealership in the UK. It even has a licensed bar in it, mind you at their labour rates you need a stiff one when paying the bill.
Mercedes Stockport is a Fantastic dealership (The Building anyway) don't really need the Manchester one, it's not exactly a million miles away. 🙂

Stockport is the biggest Mercedes dealership in the UK. It even has a licensed bar in it, mind you at their labour rates you need a stiff one when paying the bill.
I’m not familiar with this location, but is it bigger than Mercedes-Benz World (Brooklands) ?

I’m not familiar with this location, but is it bigger than Mercedes-Benz World (Brooklands) ?
As a dealership - without the exhibits, coffee shops, etc - then it possibly is. It’s blooming big.

It is an "experience" centre. Great location adjacent to J1/M60 aka The Pyramid. Plenty of parking. Cars, Light Commercials and AMG deprtment. Lovely place that is spacious, clean and modern.

Poor service levels especially switchboard. Meet and greet staff with no idea who then pass you over to others who than pass to others. Parts no longer give (20%) discount (unless I a taxi driver whilst owning 4x MB cars does not seemingly count). Understand some things have improved since the opening but honestly could not have been much worse.

Not a great experience at all compared to either the "old" Etihad or A6 dealerships. Last time that I set foot in the new Stockport site was when the AMG meet happened.

As a MB "fanboi" it is a shame that many of us have this view of this Stockport dealership.

Must admit that on my visits to Stockport parking has been problematic as not many spaces free, staff have to park offside its that bad, one of the reasons for moving from the A6 site was lack of space. Also concur with the meet and greet, stopped at gate by security man, young girl just inside doors, non of the greeters in corporate clothing so hard to distinguish from customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom